Hafy parts wanted

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
westernair
United States of America

Hafy parts wanted

Post by westernair »

OK I am looking for a few items in particular, but like to collect other stuff to referb and shelve as spares, so if you have any Haflinger parts you want cleared out give me a shout.
Right now I am looking for a set of rear seats and maybe a set of front doors. A correct heater is something else I would like.
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Re: Hafy parts wanted

Post by Jim Molloy »

Shawn,
From time to time, rear seat frames do materialize. Since the Swiss trucks were not originally equipped with rear seats, those items have become quite sought after. It is possible to fabricate folding rear seat frames from scratch and I do know of one owner who has mounted a folding stadium seat in the back of his Swiss truck.

As far as the correct heater goes, the orginal gaslone heater is the BN2 unit and it mounts to the passenger floor. You would need to cut two large holes in the floor which will certainly reduce the authenticity of your truck if that is an issue of concern for you. Earlier today, there was a BN2 heater for sale on eBay. It has been listed before and I believe it si located in Austria. The other original heater system on some Haflingers involves a dual heat exchanger system as part of the exhaust. It was found on many polycab trucks but some trucks with open cabs were also so equipped.

Like the rear seat frames, the front and rear door frames are also coveted items. Many trucks left the factory without doors yet most current owners would like to have a set if available. If your truck is equipped with a standard Swiss canvas cab, the standard doors from a non-Swiss truck are not an exact fit and may not give the best seal.

The best I can suggest is to keep scanning eBay.

Hope this helps.

Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

Thanks Jim
I have a few BN-2 units in my VW stash but I am probably not in to cutting large holes in the floors of this truck to install.
Doors would be nice but rear seats are my first priority. I am a decent fabricator so if nothing materializes on the market this winter I will make a set of repops.
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

These parts are more likely to show up on German or Austrian eBay than here, so I would polish up on your German language skills and look on those sites periodically for the best chance of finding them.

Cheers,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303