You guys know how much I love you...right?

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
texas pinzgauer

Re: You guys know how much I love you...right?

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I am listing it on www.bringatrailer.com too. If folks are not familar with BAT.com, check it out and sign up for their daily email.

It provides some great first thing in the morning email entertainment (that's not adult in nature!).
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

Surprised it hasn't sold and hope you get what you want for that great truck. But I can't think of a worse time of year to be selling :cry:

Best of luck! BaT is sure to get a flurry of responses.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
texas pinzgauer

BAT has been an eye opener. I love the site and really enjoy the daily morning emails from them but I've gotten more flakey and negative comments than i could have imagined. Lot's of negative comments that seemingly are coming from folks who do not own Pinzgauers so the comments come off as uninformed amd down right mean.

I wasn't expecting a lot of cheers and high fives about how fabulous my 712 is but some of those folks couldn't possibly be as informed about the subject matter on which they're commenting.

One guy commented that he didn't like that the tires were dirty in the photo...I was off road with it at the time WTF?
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Just some haters rig looks nice. But with boot and brake adjustments as noted doesn't make for a good sounding ad and believability to the maintenance and I know you put it in there to be honest but people are brutal. One thing I would say is take care of the little things to get your asking price or you are just asking to be bargained down even if it means taking it to a dry warm garage with a mechanic to do it for $300 while an insiginficant amount it would make the asking price seem better with a statement that says vehicle is ready to go with no issues.
LIke I said you got a nice truck some people are just looking for a bargain(me included) and I got mine and am putting the work into it as I enjoy the feel of polishing the tarnish off 8-) I wouldn't be surprised if the big critic on BAT really just wants to scare away other bidders so he can scoop it.

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

texas pinzgauer wrote:BAT has been an eye opener. I love the site and really enjoy the daily morning emails from them but I've gotten more flakey and negative comments than i could have imagined. Lot's of negative comments that seemingly are coming from folks who do not own Pinzgauers so the comments come off as uninformed amd down right mean.
David,

While I enjoy reading the daily BaT digest (you might even have been the one to clue me) to see what interesting and strange vehicles turn up, there is no end, and no barrier to entry to the recurring "expert opinions" of posters with nothing better to do; traffic which BaT probably thrives on, but a lot of negative nonsense. Hopefully your potential buyers are smart enough to recognize it as that and take that 712 off your hands, mud and all.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
sdp6x6

Post by sdp6x6 »

mopar wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if the big critic on BAT really just wants to scare away other bidders so he can scoop it.
I've seen this done with some vehicles that were recently on a Gov auction. The same person slamming them bought most of them.
texas pinzgauer

The slammer being an interested buyer seems like bad form to me. An interesting technique that I wouldn't consider using myself...but that's just me.

There's been a lot of interest so we'll see where this goes. Thanks for the comments and observations guys.

David
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

Scottie
United States of America

Post by Scottie »

Well, for me, you picked a hell of a time to sell it. I have a 710 and have been looking for a 712 but have some major medical issues going on with my wife AND son right now. I saw that you were looking to sell it here on the board and have been thinking about it then just saw it on my Facebook page on Bring a Trailer. I agree the posters on BAT are probably not very knowledgeable regarding the Pinz and the guy that didn't like it because the tires were dirty is just nuts. I am still interested and will watch it on Ebay but I am concerned about that leak. I think the differentials on the 710 712 are the same so I could switch my good 710 diff onto the 712 then repair it myself or have it repaired. I will think about it and watch the auction.....

Scottie
texas pinzgauer

Sorry to hear about the medical issues. That can't be much fun for any of y'all.

The front differential leak (more like a very modest seep) is something that I described to Andre Swanson so he might weigh in. It doesn't sound like a big deal to address and the seals are very cheap to purchase but, when Andre mentioned the need for a SPRING COMPRESSOR, I said no thanks on tackling that job myself. I've used them before and I don't like them.

I'd love to chat with you if you can make the timing work.

David
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

swapping the diffs to stop a boot/axle seal leak is like pulling the motor to change the sparkplugs. Overkill.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
texas pinzgauer

So it's not a big deal....with the right tools and perhaps someone closeby who has done it before to assist?
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Congrats on the sale!
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
texas pinzgauer

Thanks!

If this guy flakes (it happens, right?) I'll just relist it as it got to the pricing and interest level I was aiming for.

David
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

19D20

Post by 19D20 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"After perusing the link provided buy Optimader, this seller IS busted for blatant lies. Shame on you David Smith or Texas Pinhead or whatever you call yourself". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
19D20

Post by 19D20 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: