You guys know how much I love you...right?

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
texas pinzgauer

Re: You guys know how much I love you...right?

Post by texas pinzgauer »

"The federal witness protection program meets the tire kickers".

That's going to be the title of my next book (which will be my first book!).

I do appreciate all of the inquiries but once I load folks with all of the information they could possibly require, then they go back into hiding. At this rate, I won't be selling the 712 because there was never a credible buyer. I'd really rather sell it to one of y'all rather than go through eBay but if this process keeps up as is, that's where you'll be seeing it listed.

Again, this is not a distressed sale but I have my eye on something else so if I can find a real buyer who will pay a fair price for an exceptionally clean 712M, please feel free to send them my way.

David
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I have found telling folks they aren't qualified to own this truck, gets them sold faster. go figure.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Andre wrote:I have found telling folks they aren't qualified to own this truck, gets them sold faster. go figure.
I agree!
David what new toy are you looking at?
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
texas pinzgauer

I'd love to have a new GT3 RS Porsche but I'm definitely not qualified (to purchase) that rig!
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

Expeditious

Post by Expeditious »

I know toys in general have taken a big hit in this economy but no offers at all?
texas pinzgauer

Lot's of legitimate referrals that evaporate even before we get to talking specifically about the price.

Lots of folks who act credible and then go AWOL. These trucks are not expensive (compared to lots of other toys out there) so I don't know why folks would seemingly flake like they have.

Who knows.....
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

Holiday season is a tough time for these types of things. I suspect soon you will start getting some. Have you posted it on the pirate and expedition portal yet? Also steel solders?
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Post on Unimog Exchange and I would be happy to post it on my BenzWorld Unimog FOR SALE section?
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

But isn't this fun :lol:

Now take your looky loo experience and multiply it by about 20-30 calls a day and welcome to my world! You might notice the following.......how often do Pinzguaer dealers advertise vehicles directly to the Real 4x4 Pinzgauer community? Not very often. If you want to sell the truck you will have to market the truck. Ebay is a good channel, craigslist as well.

Keep in mind if you are not enjoying the looky loos that in general are extremely educated from this community, you are going to have even more fun with the general public. No it's not amphibious, no it can't do 90 MPH, no it's not a VW motor, no I can't take payments, trades, or a night with your wife. (Actual conversations)

Being in Testosterone Central I'm surprised that a for sale sign and a drive around town hasn't sold it. If all else fails drop me a line I've still got a tour operator for you.........

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
texas pinzgauer

The voice of reason speaks...Scott is right about the lookers and Thilo is even more vocal about his dislike for the time wasters. I suspect Dennis and Jim have had similar experiences.

I've sold other oddball stuff in the past and there's always a contingent that looks and acts interested until.....

I figured and still do that a real buyer for my 712 inhabits this forum or he (or she) is a friend of someone here. I'll give it a few more days before I opt for the eBay route. If I do list it there (I found it there myself in the first place afterall) don't be looking for lots of explaining about what a Pinzgauer is. If they don't know what it is, they should just go with a Rubicon.

Actually, when/if I do list it on eBay, I may just post the photo of the Dr. Pepper bottle opener on the front bumper and describe how I will throw the truck in with it for $25,000! :wink:

(Scott - give me a couple of days to see if I can get some other offers. If not, I'll circle back with you to talk about your buyer.)
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

surfgringo

Post by surfgringo »

I am new to the forum, and I was looking for a pinzgauer for a little while before I really knew about this forum. I ended up finding a nice 710K, exactly what I was looking for, on Swiss army vehicles by posting a WTB and I was contacted. I originally joined this forum to find a seller exactly like you, with a really nice and well maintained truck (except i was looking for a 710). I probably would have bought a 710 sooner had I seen what I was looking for advertised sooner, but these nice gems can be hard to find. Although I am a pretty good mechanic as a hobby, I didn't know much of anything about the technical side of the Pinz before now. But I did know I wanted one regardless. My point in saying all this is the following:
1) Best of luck selling, I hope you find the buyer you are looking for.
2) The more you advertise it online, probably the better for you
3) Probably are many people out there like myself who need to see lots of detailed photos showing the condition of the truck to really appreciate what you are getting, plus to start getting keen about it and motivated to buy.
4) "Stupid questions" about the basics of the mechanical setup are probably to be expected, as most are not familiar with the truck and this may not reflect disinterest or inability to properly maintain or appreciate the vehicle. I have googled, searched, called and emailed many such stupid questions in the last month or two. Rather than answering repetitively with your ads, why not post info or links to a detailed overview of things & YouTube clips.
5) Info to answer questions such as specifics of upgrades etc (ie ExII) are worthwhile to include as well.
I hope you find my perspective helpful, and again hope you find the buyer you are looking for. Although the buyer may not be a current Pinz expert, perhaps a prior FJ40 or other classic vehicle owner with a similar appreciation has been waiting to get into a Pinzgauer and this is the truck for them...
1981 Pinzgauer 710K, 1979 VW Westfalia
texas pinzgauer

These are all good comments and a reminder that we're all rookies when we start out with our Pinzgauer ownership period. There's a much that I've learned about them and plenty I don't know after 6+ years of ownership!

I promise to be patient with the inquiries (from the uninformed) if i elect to go that route with eBay.
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

I Sold mine a year ago and still get the emails and phone calls inquiring about my truck. In fact it stirred up my fun with the 712m which is a rare beast and had me looking for another one .

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
texas pinzgauer

1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

bonefish635
Great Britain

Post by bonefish635 »

That is one great looking truck. I hate to think of how much money must've been sunk into it to get it as good as that. I hope eBay works out for you.

Tony
1973 710K
2001 Landcruiser Amazon
2007 Range Rover Vogue (sold)
2001 Nissan Patrol GR 3.0TD (sold)