OEM Pinz Steering wheel

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
djw
United States of America

OEM Pinz Steering wheel

Post by djw »

I am looking for a pn 7102473052 original pinz steering wheel (new). SAV had some but is out of stock at the present, so if you replaced yours with something else I would be interested, if it is in new condition.

Thanks.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
bonefish635
Great Britain

Re: OEM Pinz Steering wheel

Post by bonefish635 »

Here's one on eBay Germany, with a seller who'll post worldwide. He seems to be selling two, but the other one is five times the price for some reason.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Steyr-Daimler-Pu ... 500wt_1156

One thing to watch with German sales is that few take Paypal, I'm told because credit cards are uncommon there, compared at least to the UK and US. That often means bank transfer which is an expensive route for small scale purchases.

Tony
1973 710K
2001 Landcruiser Amazon
2007 Range Rover Vogue (sold)
2001 Nissan Patrol GR 3.0TD (sold)
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

Thanks. This looks like a used one, without pics. I was looking for a like new.

But you're absolutely right, I have purchased a few items from Austria and Germany, and it is unusual to find someone taking a paypal payment (which makes it a HUGE pita). There is really not a good payment option from the US other than an expensive international bank transfer in €, no inexpensive money order that I have found, and try obtaining € currency in the US is a joke. You might as well be trying to find a new steering wheel :) I'm not sure if you have a better method on dealing with it from the UK, but luckily paypal payments are the norm both the UK and US and has worked well for some of my other projects and purchases between US & UK.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
westernair
United States of America

Post by westernair »

Not sure what condition your current one is in but koch does restorations of steering wheels, might want to go that way instead.
Last edited by westernair on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shawn

62 haffy Bantam
61 haffy 4 door

72 710K - Sold
73 712M - Sold
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Koch does high quality work. Used to visit them regularly when I worked in Santa Clarita, running my bug back and forth from Beaumont.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I sanded and scraped the three rods, repainted it black and put on a cover an it looks new. At least to me anyway.
Tried to get it off the shaft with a gear puller...no go. Did all the work in place.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
CentAr712
United States of America

Post by CentAr712 »

Eastwood sells steering wheel restoration kits. Perhaps check that out. I think maybe restoring it yourself is probably not a bad idea as a last resort. http://www.eastwood.com/master-steering ... struc.html
Chris.
https://www.supanik.com/pinz
'76 712M Rapier Cargo (Swiss), For Sale
'83 MB W460 280GE G-Wagen, For Sale