1976 710K on ebay

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
TechMOGogy
Canada

1976 710K on ebay

Post by TechMOGogy »

Body and interior look very nice!
Don't know sellor or truck blah blah blah
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... SS:CA:1123
Attachments
$T2eC16ZHJHkFFltYvfWhBRknO4GTow~~60_12.jpg
$T2eC16ZHJHkFFltYvfWhBRknO4GTow~~60_12.jpg (14.07 KiB) Viewed 5983 times
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Haf-e
United States of America

Re: 1976 710K on ebay

Post by Haf-e »

Interesting. Looks very nice (other than the huge speaker boxes behind the driver / passenger seats).

I noticed this truck has some nice closed end lug nuts - I tried to find these and never did find any with correct ball radius in steel - anyone know where to get some?
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I got the "Acorn" style lug nuts from CWR when I bought the widened rims back in '05. Patrick had some adapter washers that converted the flat tapper to the radius taper. Most of the lug nuts are now open top, rocks are hard on them but the threads of the lugs are protected from damage.
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I try and avoid any one color coverups on drive line assemblies.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Haf-e wrote:Interesting. Looks very nice (other than the huge speaker boxes behind the driver / passenger seats).
SNIP
Yeah - it took me a bit to figure out they were just speakers - they are massive!
Andre wrote:I try and avoid any one color coverups on drive line assemblies.
I agree but I think the thing to read into this ad is that the body and interior are done - the rest of the truck has issues!

Owners ebay quote: "parking brake slips back in when set, front wheel tow in looks like it needs to be adjusted, the front lockers intermittently work (or the lights are burned out), and the 4 wheel drive tends to take a while to disengage after being engaged. Other than this, the truck is working great and looks incredible!"

So what do you guys think is the red stuff on the doors and around front engine area (looks screwed on) - some sort of sound proofing material?
Attachments
$T2eC16hHJIIE9qTYMbIIBRknO4r2)!~~60_12.jpg
$T2eC16hHJIIE9qTYMbIIBRknO4r2)!~~60_12.jpg (20.57 KiB) Viewed 5958 times
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Human skin.

It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Sold for $12,601.00 to a user with 0 feedback!
djw
United States of America

Post by djw »

TechMOGogy wrote:Sold for $12,601.00 to a user with 0 feedback!

I think this one has been on ebay more at least once in the last year or so. "Sold" to a zero feedback bidder it might be back again on ebay.
'74 710K (ÖBH Austrian Rehab) mostly unmolested original - the unicorn (everything works!)
collecting pinz docs since 2012 - pm me if I can help
googefamily

Post by googefamily »

The "red" is wood panels. The truck runs fine but I wanted to disclose all known issues. The previous bidder was indeed a scam artist. Here is the email chain from the previous buyer. As you can see, obvious scam.

I have just made the payments and PayPal emailed me confirming this. So please check your PayPal email address for the Pay Pal confirmation email. PayPal said that they would be holding the money i sent because of the excess payments that i made which was the money for pick up, i will need you to proceed and Wire the excess which is $950.00 to my pick up agent to enable them make a booking for the picked up of the item.Remember that you will wire the agent fee to them via Western Union Money transfer as that is there method of payment.

So please do send the $900 through western union money transfer and use the remaining change of $50.00 as Western Union charges..After you have sent the money please get back to me asap with the western union details, the MTCN number which you will be given by western union after you have sent the money as well as the sender's name and address so i can forward it back to PayPal for your money to be put through or you can email it to PayPal directly,that is alright as well.

Here is my pick up agent's info that you will need to send the money to through western union money transfer:

Name : Jenifer Kirkpatrick
Address: 310 east 2nd ave
City: Big Timber
State: MT
Zipcode:59011
United State.

I will need the address where the item will be picked up,as my pick up agent will contact you to book a pick up time after they have received payments but they will have to book a time that is convenient for you.

Best Regards.
Craig Wood.

De: Googe Jason <googefamily@aol.com>
Para: Craig Wood <craigwood615@yahoo.com.ar>
Enviado: jueves, 23 de mayo de 2013 15:46
Asunto: Re: jaxgooges sent a message about 1976 Pinzgauer in Excellent Condition #190839746041

Yes, that's fine. Just include the fees with Paypal and give me your pick up agent's contact info. As soon as the payment clears, I will be happy to help. Can you tell me what unit you are in so I can verify that you are a Navy member. Thanks for understanding.

Jason.

On May 23, 2013, at 7:51 AM, Craig Wood wrote:

> I'm about to make the payments when i had this little problem with the picking up of the Item, I think you remember what i said in my previous mail that I'm working presently on the sea and i am buying the item for my dad so i tried to secure booking with my pick up agent, but they asked me to pay first before they can make the booking, and they only accept Western Union Money Transfer for payments and they don't accept PayPal or bank transfer.
>
> So I tried to send the money online but it's not going through and I am on the sea there is no way i can find a western union agent to make the transfer to my pick up agent, so i wanted to ask if it will be OK for me to include my pick up agent's fees together with your payments through PayPal,So you will help me wire the pick up fee to them via western Union Money Transfer immediately i pay you.I don't mean to bother you I'm sure you understand that I'm presently on the sea and there is nothing i can do to that.
>
> The bottom line is after I have made the payments via PayPal,you will help me wire my pick up agent fee to them through western union money transfer, I just wanted to seek your consent before going ahead with the payments,I will be very happy if my offer is given a favorable consideration,Respond as soon as possible so that i can send out your Payment.
>
> Craig Wood.
>
> De: "googefamily@aol.com" <googefamily@aol.com>
> Para: craigwood615@yahoo.com.ar
> Enviado: miércoles, 22 de mayo de 2013 16:43
> Asunto: Re: jaxgooges sent a message about 1976 Pinzgauer in Excellent Condition #190839746041
>
> Craig,
>
> I'm a LCDR with VR-58 in Jacksonville so yes, the item is as described. It is a great buy for the price you spent for it. It does have the minor mechanical issues that I mentioned in the ad but should be easily fixed. I bought the vehicle to play with it but between my real job (FedEx) and the Navy reserve, I have absolutely no time for it. The only thing I didn't mention is that I never registered the vehicle as it's been in my garage since I bought it (I've only driven it around the neightborhood). I do have a previous registration so registering won't be a problem, I just didn't see the point since I am never home. The paypal request is on the way and let me know if you have any other questions.
>
> Jason.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Craig Wood <craigwood615@yahoo.com.ar>
> To: googefamily <googefamily@aol.com>
> Sent: Wed, May 22, 2013 9:27 am
> Subject: Re: jaxgooges sent a message about 1976 Pinzgauer in Excellent Condition #190839746041
>
> Thanks for your swift respond,i really appreciate it,i am an Naval Officer and am currently on the sea at the moment, i am buying the item as a gift for my dad,i want to make it a surprise gift for him,he won't know anything about the gift until they getdelivered to him.So i want you to reassure me that the item is in good condition as you have described. I can only pay through PayPal. So please kindly get back to me immediately so i can proceed with the payment and after the payment has been done,i have a pick up agent that will come around to pick the Item up immediately after payments.......Please send me a PayPal Money Request now so that i can make payment immediately.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you soon
> Thanks
>
> De: eBay Member: jaxgooges <member@ebay.com>
> Enviado: martes, 21 de mayo de 2013 10:33
> Asunto: jaxgooges sent a message about 1976 Pinzgauer in Excellent Condition #190839746041
googefamily

Post by googefamily »

The "red" is wood panels. The truck runs fine but I wanted to disclose all known issues. The previous bidder was indeed a scam artist. Here is the email chain from the previous buyer. As you can see, obvious scam.

I have just made the payments and PayPal emailed me confirming this. So please check your PayPal email address for the Pay Pal confirmation email. PayPal said that they would be holding the money i sent because of the excess payments that i made which was the money for pick up, i will need you to proceed and Wire the excess which is $950.00 to my pick up agent to enable them make a booking for the picked up of the item.Remember that you will wire the agent fee to them via Western Union Money transfer as that is there method of payment.

So please do send the $900 through western union money transfer and use the remaining change of $50.00 as Western Union charges..After you have sent the money please get back to me asap with the western union details, the MTCN number which you will be given by western union after you have sent the money as well as the sender's name and address so i can forward it back to PayPal for your money to be put through or you can email it to PayPal directly,that is alright as well.

Here is my pick up agent's info that you will need to send the money to through western union money transfer:

Name : Jenifer Kirkpatrick
Address: 310 east 2nd ave
City: Big Timber
State: MT
Zipcode:59011
United State.

I will need the address where the item will be picked up,as my pick up agent will contact you to book a pick up time after they have received payments but they will have to book a time that is convenient for you.

Best Regards.
Craig Wood.

De: Googe Jason <googefamily@aol.com>
Para: Craig Wood <craigwood615@yahoo.com.ar>
Enviado: jueves, 23 de mayo de 2013 15:46
Asunto: Re: jaxgooges sent a message about 1976 Pinzgauer in Excellent Condition #190839746041

Yes, that's fine. Just include the fees with Paypal and give me your pick up agent's contact info. As soon as the payment clears, I will be happy to help. Can you tell me what unit you are in so I can verify that you are a Navy member. Thanks for understanding.

Jason.

On May 23, 2013, at 7:51 AM, Craig Wood wrote:

> I'm about to make the payments when i had this little problem with the picking up of the Item, I think you remember what i said in my previous mail that I'm working presently on the sea and i am buying the item for my dad so i tried to secure booking with my pick up agent, but they asked me to pay first before they can make the booking, and they only accept Western Union Money Transfer for payments and they don't accept PayPal or bank transfer.
>
> So I tried to send the money online but it's not going through and I am on the sea there is no way i can find a western union agent to make the transfer to my pick up agent, so i wanted to ask if it will be OK for me to include my pick up agent's fees together with your payments through PayPal,So you will help me wire the pick up fee to them via western Union Money Transfer immediately i pay you.I don't mean to bother you I'm sure you understand that I'm presently on the sea and there is nothing i can do to that.
>
> The bottom line is after I have made the payments via PayPal,you will help me wire my pick up agent fee to them through western union money transfer, I just wanted to seek your consent before going ahead with the payments,I will be very happy if my offer is given a favorable consideration,Respond as soon as possible so that i can send out your Payment.
>
> Craig Wood.
>
> De: "googefamily@aol.com" <googefamily@aol.com>
> Enviado: miércoles, 22 de mayo de 2013 16:43
> Asunto: Re: jaxgooges sent a message about 1976 Pinzgauer in Excellent Condition #190839746041
>
> Craig,
>
> I'm a LCDR with VR-58 in Jacksonville so yes, the item is as described. It is a great buy for the price you spent for it. It does have the minor mechanical issues that I mentioned in the ad but should be easily fixed. I bought the vehicle to play with it but between my real job (FedEx) and the Navy reserve, I have absolutely no time for it. The only thing I didn't mention is that I never registered the vehicle as it's been in my garage since I bought it (I've only driven it around the neightborhood). I do have a previous registration so registering won't be a problem, I just didn't see the point since I am never home. The paypal request is on the way and let me know if you have any other questions.
>
> Jason.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Craig Wood <craigwood615@yahoo.com.ar>
> To: googefamily <googefamily@aol.com>
> Sent: Wed, May 22, 2013 9:27 am
> Subject: Re: jaxgooges sent a message about 1976 Pinzgauer in Excellent Condition #190839746041
>
> Thanks for your swift respond,i really appreciate it,i am an Naval Officer and am currently on the sea at the moment, i am buying the item as a gift for my dad,i want to make it a surprise gift for him,he won't know anything about the gift until they getdelivered to him.So i want you to reassure me that the item is in good condition as you have described. I can only pay through PayPal. So please kindly get back to me immediately so i can proceed with the payment and after the payment has been done,i have a pick up agent that will come around to pick the Item up immediately after payments.......Please send me a PayPal Money Request now so that i can make payment immediately.
>
> Looking forward to hear from you soon
> Thanks
>
> De: eBay Member: jaxgooges <member@ebay.com>
> Enviado: martes, 21 de mayo de 2013 10:33
> Asunto: jaxgooges sent a message about 1976 Pinzgauer in Excellent Condition #190839746041
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Shame - glad you did not fall for it!
Post your truck here in the classifieds and it will get a few eyes on it
Cheers (and thx re panel material)
Dan
Dogslovetrucks

Post by Dogslovetrucks »

I bought this truck! Great vehicle that needed a little attention. Changed all the fluids, bleed brake/locker systems and rebuilding the carbs this weekend (hopefully). Drives like a dream!
76 710K
CentAr712
United States of America

Post by CentAr712 »

Welcome to the forum and to the Pinzgauer community!
Chris.
https://www.supanik.com/pinz
'76 712M Rapier Cargo (Swiss), For Sale
'83 MB W460 280GE G-Wagen, For Sale