710k for sale

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
baronofballard

Re: 710k for sale

Post by baronofballard »

Yup. I'm the new owner. Just got her delivered Sunday. Thanks to Brian for a great sale and dealing with my idiotic questions. You can find me after I drive her through the front door of the Lock N' Keel or The Sloop. I'm looking forward to running over hipsters, ripping down condos, and terrorizing Market St. Oh, I also need a mechanic...
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Looks like you are going to need more than a mechanic after your reign of terror...know a good lawyer?
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

People in that reign are used to strange activity from occupants of retired military vehicles after all the Seafair Pirates have been terrorizing the streets of Seattle for over 60 years their DUKW has long been used for their conquests.

After all what’s one more odd duck out hunting fair maidens and lutefisk? :lol:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

id trade my Pinz for a DUKW in a second!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

You know the Sea Fair Pirate's DUKW caught fire and burned a year or so ago. They were looking for donations
to rebuild/buy a replacement. Still, there are plenty of these things running tourists around Lake Union. I'm amazed how well
they accelerate up hills and keep up with the traffic. Gas engine?
BTW, "Fair Maiden" is Seattle speak for "Single Mom".
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

DUKWs had GMC 270s in them, but I thought most DUKWs in civilian duty as tourist vehicles have had most of their engine/transmissions changed over to the equiv of a school bus, since they need to be certified as public carriers. Auto transmissions and diesel engines w/12 volt conversions. All of it also has to pass Coast Guard Specs as well.
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
SeattleTom

Post by SeattleTom »

totaljoint wrote:Ballard.... Welcome to Washington!
I just found out that there is a here-to-for unkown (to me) 712K in Ballard.
Seems my tile guy (bathroom remodel) lives just down the road from that one. I'll have to make a trip
there to find him.
I hope our new owner posts here so we can meet up. Imagine a treffen through Ballard/Fremont.
A gasket will be blown somewhere, and not on a truck!
Ed
I don't know how I missed this but I am the guy with the 712K - so many people have been me asking me about it ever since I brought it up, but I do remember talking to your tile guy - he mentioned you as well!

Also I've been hearing that there is another Pinzgauer in Ballard and so I guess it is probably this one. Nice to meet you guys - send me a PM if you want to meet up sometimes...