Looking for Canvas doners.

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
Andre
United States of America

Looking for Canvas doners.

Post by Andre »

I am working closely with My local canvas shop to start producing replacement tarps for the pinzgauer. We have made some improvements to the design that reduce the need for hardware, Protect against ware, and still maintain ease of use.

However, some of the hardware can only be found at SAV for $4.50 each and up. So I'm looking for folks with damaged or unrepairable tops who are willing to contribute to the cause. I am willing to pay for shipping on any donations and may even be willing to pay for the hardware itself.

I can get all the hardware off each customers old canvas but I would rather have new hardware on a new product. That will also leave the stock canvas in tact for the next owner should there be one.

Just feeling things out and searching for options. Thanks.

PS. When done, We should be able to replace all four rear seats(with new foam and backings) re upholster the 2 front seats and cover both door panels(with new mdf) to match the canvas on the truck for around $1800. With color choices from marpat, woodland, desert, OD green, Tan, Khaki, Coyote, ACU etc...
It Is not tough River insulated greatness, but it will definitely fit well, last long, and look good.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: Looking for Canvas doners.

Post by TechMOGogy »

Nothing to donate at this time but love the idea and will save me having to redo the seats etc myself!
Look forward to seeing your final products
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Is the $1800 for just the seat re-upholstery? What are you thinking for the canvas truck tops?
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

$1800 is the Whole package. seats, door panels, rear benches, and Canvas tops with donor hardware. With new hardware, I have to add $150
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Bruce Berger

Post by Bruce Berger »

Andre,

I have a cab top and cab rear tarp that I can bring to the Mogfest. What hardware do you need? Have you tried looking at places that supply hardware for leather horse tack? They seem to have most everything.

I would be interested in a kit to rebuild my rear seats.

Will you be bringing my rub rails to the Mogfest? When are you planning to arrive? I may come over early if the Government is shut down and I can't work.

Bruce
Bruce Berger
'72 Pinzgauer 710M 2.6i
mit Beck-LaGuardia Elektronischer Einspritzung
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I wont be able to make it to mogfest unless I get a call from a specific customer to pick up his u1300 to bring back to TX. Due to my current work load and debt to income ratio, I have to pass on my only annual festivity. I planned to cover shipping costs (where possible) to those who I promised goods.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com