Circuit breakers for a Haflinger.

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
cascade.king

Circuit breakers for a Haflinger.

Post by cascade.king »

Anyone change out theirs with alternatives and have a few hanging around? 2-3 of mine are in need of replacement..Image

PM me with price and availability.

I'd rather keep the orig units than replace with marine breakers or fuses.
Mike
1971 North American 700AP Haflinger Pathfinder
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Re: Circuit breakers for a Haflinger.

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Same as Swiss Haflinger and Pinzgauer. See if E.I or SAV have any good used ones. The New SAV replacements will not fit, they are too wide.
Note: wire schema for US NA models is only found in the owners manual :wink:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

Bump.
Not having very good luck..
Anyone? Just 1?
Mike
Heinkeljb
Great Britain

Post by Heinkeljb »

Mike,

If you can post a picture or two and some dimensions, that might help find replacements. They weren't fitted to UK vehicles as far as I know, but Haflinger Technik might have one.

John
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

When it came to this point in my Haflinger restoration, I didn't even go with the circuit breaker setup. Instead, I made a new dash plate, rewired everything, and used GM-style fuse blocks instead. Originality be damned in this situation, it would have been too much trouble. I also went with a VW turn signal switch from Airhead Parts, and used a Pinzgauer steering wheel instead of the smaller Haflinger version.

TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Changing to other circuit breakers in a Pathfinder is harder unless you cut the dash :shock:
I will check but I don't think I have any spares
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
cascade.king

Post by cascade.king »

pinzinator wrote:I made a new dash plate, rewired everything, and used GM-style fuse blocks instead. Originality be damned in this situation, it would have been too much trouble. I also went with a VW turn signal switch from Airhead Parts..

1) If I need 1 or 2 breakers, I'd rather keep it stock.. If only for the ease of it.

BUT since YOU changed over to GM fuses, you must have your old breakers kicking around.. HOOK A BROTHER UP!

2) Please show me more of your turn signal switch set-up. It looks like the Bug type.. I've seen how other folks use the Airhead Bus switch. That's ANOTHER thing I need to do, since mine has a cheapo universal switch pipe clamped to the steering shaft.
Mike
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I had to research some old pictures, and found out that my Haflinger, which is Austrian, had fuses instead of breakers. Here's how it looked when I first acquired it in 2010-

As for the turn signal, I just bought one for a 60s VW bug and adapted it to the steering column. It does not cancel, and I had to install individual indicator lights in the dash. I had a washer made at a machine shop that covered the top of the switch, otherwise it would be exposed.

I removed all of the heater plenum and hoses, since they are never needed in my climate. If it's too cold I wear a coat. The heater does blast hot air out of the opening, for what good it does. Same for the wipers, since I never drive in the rain.