712M for sale.

4x4's and 6x6's, parts, services and goods for sale. Dealers posting vehicle ads must donate something to the cause.
totaljoint

712M for sale.

Post by totaljoint »

For Sale: 1976 712M:
Link to photo album:
https://plus.google.com/112457406437284 ... edDcrU3Lh1

After many years of happy ownership, I’m very sad to say I must put my 712 up for sale. My original intention was to keep it to leave to my sons, but that's no longer possible.
I will offer it here before putting it up on the net in general.
It has had almost every upgrade that can be done while still retaining the ability to return it to near original state (front pintle and 2.7L engine). All major work has been done by Jim LaGuardia (Goatwerks) and Andre Swanson (Fat Fabrications).
It came to me with 43,000 Kilometers on the original clock, which worked only occasionally, so actual original mileage is truly unknown.
It has 8,521 miles in the past 7 years since the electric speedo was installed. Most drive line work in the last 1500 miles.

It started out as a minimal rust 712 Rapier imported in 2006 where the first owner bought it from Action Mobile, Wickenburg, Arizona in August of that year. In 2007 it was sold to a owner in Las Vegas who used it mainly for “bar crawls “and I am the third owner purchasing the vehicle in 2008. I had it shipped to Goatwerks, where I had the good fortune to meet Jim Laguardia and Andre Swanson who have performed all major work on this vehicle.
Over the past years, it has had numerous upgrades:
Interior and body:
It had an all panel off body paint job with dent removal professionally by a local body shop-only minor dents and were pounded out, no fillers. Went from sand yellow to green. The new paint color is darker than the original OD green, and compliments the Tough River insulated top much better. All panels were re installed with stainless hardware.
Andre built the cage and extended range (35 gal) stainless gas tank as well as the 9000 Warn winch platform which can be plugged into the front or rear of the center tube.
360 degree Off road lights and fog lights are installed on separate switches.
The Cage is quite capable. It has held numerous people on top, can be a hunting / viewing platform. It is integral to the steel tube rub rails and front bumper. Attached by the original nutserts by stainless hardware. Ladders to the roof on both sides, front and back. Extra bar at seat height for rear passenger safety and convenient arm rest. There are front collision protection for legs/feet under truck nose.
Interior door handles with custom leather covers. Passenger grab handle with padded leather cover and embossed with:”Styer/Puch Pinzgauer” thick leather plaque.
Matching leather cover on transfer case lever keeps cold air out of that portal by driver’s feet in winter.

Interior is linex'd and the front seats are recline-able Sprinters. Driver’s seat is on a lowered aluminum plate to allow head room.
Original slider has been reinforced welded and available for install if desidred. The rear seats were re-upholstered to match the Top. Andre’s forward facing rear buckets seats are in.
All rear seats have EI seat belts and etrac covers the rear bed as well. The cage, rear seat platforms, wheels and all black hardware (handles, door cups, door panels, front grille etc..) on the truck are powder coated.
Font doors have dynamat on interior and textured stainless steel interior panels. All doors have door locks.
It has David Dunn's tinted DOT glass, new. All gauges are VDO electronic (speedo, volts, tach and fuel).
Intermittent wipers in addition to the standard controls.

Webasto 2900 gasoline heater installed by Jim L. In the coldest of Cascade winters, it keeps the whole truck warm. Flexible hose allows heat to be placed where desired: feet, windshield, rear etc…
Rear view mirrors changed to unimog Mercedes Benz for larger viewing area.
Interior rearview mirror installed, in addition to rear view camera.
Spare tire carrier is custom tubular extended offset for wide tires.

Running gear: (all done within last year):
Goatwerks EFI and 2.7 liter engine with lightened balanced crank shaft give it smooth power and reliable starts.
EI heavy duty starter
EI Stainless exhaust
New rebuilt 710 transfer case installed this year, giving good highway speed at lower RPM.
All driveline seals and boots have been replaced by Jim last yea r(axles pulled and solid boots installed, not split boots!)
All wheel bearings replaced at that time.
Wheels are stock which have been re-banded with widened rims balanced on a lathe. This allows wide tires balanced on original offset (this work was done at purchase 7 years ago).
I have been told that the drive line is unusually smooth on this truck.
All hydraulics flushed this year.
Brakes flushed and adjusted this year. Oil changed last month. Gear box fluids changed with in last 800 miles.
New EI Doetsch shocks installed last year.
Front springs in great shape giving high stance, very smooth over potholes and bumps.
No, repeat NO oil or fluid leaks.

Elecrical:
Electronic flasher.
20 amp inverter (24 amp peak) with 12 volt outlet.
Two Optima 12 volt AGM batteries installed last summer.
24V winch oultets front and back.
24V rear color night vision camera connected to starter automatically starts with engine.
Tail lights are dual Groat using either standard 24V bulbs or LED conversions.
Low pitch Hella horn added to stock high tone horn for more serious horn sound.
Extras:
Set of 4 camper jacks for removal of cage if needed. I have all original nuts/bolts. Two new front turn signal light lenses. Original pintle hitch. Rear step which swings up and out of way if hit. Front wheel steps. All original papers, manuals, tow strap, hydraulic jack, full set of original off road Pinz snow chains in oiled canvas bags. Original standard tool set with full metric tool complimentary set. Hex screw drivers for windshield fold down have their own leather sheath with magnetic attachment for easy handy attachment to consul. Original driver seat and two extra original “K” seats for use in rear seating arrangements. Custom filter oil change bucket. Extra Lug nuts and light bulbs.

I’m sure Jim and Andre could give further info on the particulars of their upgrades, and the quality of this vehicle.

My boys have grown, decided to pursue professional school after college, so have no time to play anymore. As anyone who has loved these unique trucks and the memories of wonderful times, and yet had to sell knows, it is a sad day.

In June, 2014 Jim L. has gone over the truck carefully, so I can be confident to say everything works, and works well.
Can be seen in Snohomish, WA.
Asking $55,000.00
audiocontr
United States of America

Re: 712M for sale.

Post by audiocontr »

One of my favorite trucks! So wish it was within my budget. Good luck on the sale!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Hands down one of the nicest 712M out there!
Sorry to see you selling it.
Out of all of your mods and upgrades the "Custom filter oil change bucket" is the most interesting - what is it?
Good luck with the sale but sorry to see it listed
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

During my last trip up to the Pacific North West, I was constantly reminded of the Superior condition of this truck. Driving and handling unequaled to any other air cooled truck. Truly a Fine Finish truck.

Quick Reminder... To have one built to this level of finish and detail will run you better than $75K. Don't believe me? Ask Scott.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

Addendum:
New heavy duty clutch (BMW) put in 1,000 mi ago.

After all I put into my Pinz, I want it to go to a good home, someone who can appreciate and use
it well, so listing it here before putting up on ebay or similar.
No, it cannot be registered in California (1976).
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

Sold.
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

Congratulations on the sale, and condolences as well. :D :cry:
Jim M.
712W and 710M
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

Congratulations on the sale, and condolences as well. :D
Thanks, Jimm.
Yeah, it says "Sold."
Certainly not: "Sold!"
If only it were just a car, a boat or even a wife. Something I could learn to live without. But my Pinz.......:cry:

The new owner is understandably excited awaiting the delivery of the truck, and I hope he posts some of his adventures here.

I've made good friends in person and in posts and thank all of them for their humor and help!
Over more than 5 years I've read just about every thread, current, and many of the archived ones as well.
I very much appreciate the value of the forum for both education and entertainment, and hope I may be allowed to lurk
as an ex-owner still.
Ed
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I smell a Supacat in someones future..
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Ed if your ever in the area be sure to give me a shout.

I for one will surely miss your posts.

Ed in CDA ID
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

totaljoint wrote:If only it were just a car, a boat or even a wife. Something I could learn to live without. But my Pinz.......:cry:
:lol: :lol:

You are definitely welcome to lurk, but please don't deprive us of the occasional grin.