GRAVEL TRAVEL, ONTARIO DATES, DON'T MISS!!!!

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
63rover
Canada

GRAVEL TRAVEL, ONTARIO DATES, DON'T MISS!!!!

Post by 63rover »

Straight for the proverbial end of the horse! Just posted 1 hr ago! Book the dates! I did this last year. Great route, people and fun! (Only downside, prepare for dust if it doesn't rain.) www.graveltravel.ca or on facebook

Roaming Rally 2017

Dates have been set for the 2017 Roaming Rally. We're quite excited about the new format for 2017...more details to come before the end of the year. Registration will begin in January. We've been asked by a few folks for the dates so vacation time can be booked.

Bikes May 25-28
Trucks May 27 - June 3rd

Cheers, Clive
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: GRAVEL TRAVEL, ONTARIO DATES, DON'T MISS!!!!

Post by TechMOGogy »

Sweet!
Thx for posting!
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Looks good, have to check and see what my spring plans are (the wife of course schedules all of my vacation time!).
1972 710m
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

I have to see if I still own my Pinz!!!
The people I met last weekend are all over me to sell it - emails, calls and they want to come next Saturday and see it again :shock:

I guess if they offer me a ridiculous amount of money (and I mean a stupid amount) I would think about it... but it been over 3 years in the works and I have only enjoyed it for less than a month.

Well, guess it is all a moot point if 1. I don't want to sell and/or 2. they don't ever make a real offer!
Dan
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

TechMOGogy wrote:I have to see if I still own my Pinz!!!
The people I met last weekend are all over me to sell it - emails, calls and they want to come next Saturday and see it again :shock:

I guess if they offer me a ridiculous amount of money (and I mean a stupid amount) I would think about it... but it been over 3 years in the works and I have only enjoyed it for less than a month.

Well, guess it is all a moot point if 1. I don't want to sell and/or 2. they don't ever make a real offer!
Dan
Yikes! You put so much into that one! Oh well, sell high - buy cheap. I love what you have done with your pinz, but honestly, I prefer mine a little beat up looking so that it can get dirty and dinged up with no guilt.

Dave
1972 710m
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Well I slept on it and unless they offer me a boat load of cash on the spot - I'm not selling!
Too many custom items and I don't know of another in NA that is restored/upgraded to this level.
It is almost winter and I have only enjoyed it for a few weeks, want it for next spring/summer!
Dan
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

Rally update

https://www.facebook.com/Gravel-Travel- ... f=NEWSFEED

The Gravel Travel FB page has photos of the base camp location for this year and states that registration will begin later this week! It will be held just outside Ottawa Ont., May 27 - June 3 (Saturday - Saturday)

Make your calendars! How many Pinzgauers, Haflingers and Volvos can we get there? Sorry, Mogs too!

Cheers, Clive
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Don't forget G's too! :)
I really want to try and make this work either in the Pinz or the G
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

Latest News

Registration is now open on the Gravel Travel website. $251 (truck and driver) + $49 for navigator (if you bring one) includes routes, gps files and camping at the base camp for the duration (8 nights).

Unfortunately my schedule is not going to allow me to attend this year but I can definitely vouch for a great event based on my participation last year!

Anyone interested in a shorter 3 or 4 day event in mid June keep the Ottawa Valley Land Rover Birthday Party in mind. I will post the details as they are announced.

Cheers, Clive
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

I will have to see as it gets closer as it's a week + long event.
I just finished the Rally of Abandon Ontario this weekend. Did it in the Puch G vs Pinz but it was a blast. Mainly just snow covered paved and dirt roads but fun to get out and see some back road places.
Next year I hope to be part of the recovery crew for all the stuck J**ps and PU trucks :)

There was some snow
Here is a small snow drift
IMG_0914.JPG
IMG_0914.JPG (232.14 KiB) Viewed 7658 times
And some good driving conditions this morning
IMG_0913.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG (39.69 KiB) Viewed 7658 times
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

Looks like fun! Where was it to have snow?
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

The whole rally was searching for abandoned places via clues between Bradford, Wasaga, close to Collingwood and then way west.
Lots of kms just driving around but fun.