Calico Mogfest '06

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
pinzwheeling

Hand holding?

Post by pinzwheeling »

First of all, I'm stoked that so many tech resources are available on this site; I'm talking about the members, not the articles.

I'm new to the community, I'll be showing up in a bright yellow Pinz with blue accents, some of you might have seen it before in the Lake Arrowhead area. I'll be bugging all of you for advice, know how, etc, so you might want to run if you see me coming. However, I will bribe with cold Corona's!

Seriously, looking forward to meeting such a dynamic group, see you this weekend!

Michael
eoneal1369

Post by eoneal1369 »

Does anyone have any idea what time the organized run will start on friday. I may not be able to get out there thursday night but I would like to make it in time friday morning. Thanks Eric O'Neal
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

My guess would be no earlier than 9...but certainly just a guess. I'm sure many of us will be trickling in all day Friday, perhaps even Saturday. I'm sure it won't be hard to throw together an impromptu run with enough like minded souls. I hope to leave Vegas about 9 am, so a reality check puts that time at more like noonish.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
Jimm391730
United States of America

Saturday Schedule?

Post by Jimm391730 »

Likewise, anybody have an idea for the schedule on Saturday? I definately can't make it all weekend, but I just might be able to squeeze in for Saturday... kinda depends on how early I'd have to get started to be there before everybody heads out on the trails.

Jim M.
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

I'll be rolling in about 4:00 on Friday
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Trail rides are usually head out around 10 to 10:30. I missed the Friday run last year, but Saturday has a had two different group runs and trails.... one that needs the Big mogs to grease up to slide through :D and a easy wide trail to avoid any damage to them..... Pinzes do fine...
The rides are about 5 hours long with lunch..... bring food and drinks for the ride...... there isn't a 'McD' on the trail. :P

This is supposedly larger this year, so there may be changes.

Dave Dunn
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
pinzwheeling

Kids?

Post by pinzwheeling »

Anyone bringing kids? I'm bringing 2 of mine and 2 of my buddy's. Ages range from 8 to 12. BTW, my 7 year old will be 8 on Saturday, I thought a cool ghost town camping trip would be a fun birthday party.

It's gotta be better than Chucky Cheese's!
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

A nighttime walk through the cemetery should certainly be on the list of activities.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
krick3tt

bringing kids

Post by krick3tt »

Oh yes, there will be kids there.
Kai always brings his 2 and Alan has 4 or more and of course all of 'us' kids with our big toys show up and come out to play.
Last time, I tried to count there were at least 8, but they move so fast it is difficult to count accurately. They may slow down a bit for the pumpkin carving event.
Dont forget to bring your pumpkins and tools to carve them, last year there were some very unique entrys to the contest. ...oh yeah, there is a crazy hat contest too.
This gathering of people is a very fun group, but then I may be such a kid that the excitement has gotten to me.

Cheers,
Morris
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

A nighttime walk through the cemetery should certainly be on the list of activities.
Dont forget to bring your pumpkins and tools to carve them, last year there were some very unique entrys to the contest
there is a crazy hat contest too
Hmmm.......Sounds like an interesting 4WD "trip" :lol:
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Profpinz wrote:
Dont forget to bring your pumpkins and tools to carve them, last year there were some very unique entrys to the contest
there is a crazy hat contest too
Hmmm.......Sounds like an interesting 4WD "trip" :lol:
I can go 4wheeling anytime; I'm hoping that this is a gathering of folk to enjoy each other's company, check out other vehicles, do some wheeling and some touring of the ghost town. That's what's on my agenda.
Michael

krick3tt

calico

Post by krick3tt »

agenda = fun.
Looks like you are in luck.

I went the first three times owning a mog, this is the first time owning a pinz.

Cheers,
Morris
russ

Post by russ »

I fully expect to see pictures from this event posted somewhere! Otherwise....

It didn't happen... :)
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

russ wrote:I fully expect to see pictures from this event posted somewhere! Otherwise....

It didn't happen... :)
I'll be taking plenty. I'll figure out how to post them here after.
Michael

pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

I don't know what spot I'm in yet. You guys could save me one. :)

I guess I'm supposed to find Kai and get the info from him.
Michael