Calico Mogfest '06

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Just got word that my Mog has landed, and should be ready for Calico.
The Pink Cow will stay home this year, unless I find another trailer I like.
Planning on taking the Haf, and be in space A23 on Thurs.

Dave Dunn
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

WOW!!! I hope nobody was hurt.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

Hey Dave, That looks like a New Zealand or Australian Army 1700UL Mog, plus the "rest" of the scene somewhat backs up my thoughts!....... Is it?

If that's the case the Mog is the right way up, it's just the rest of the picture that is upside down....after all we are down-under!
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
eoneal1369

Post by eoneal1369 »

I'll be at calico with my 710. Space c9. See ya there..
pinzwheeling

RSVP

Post by pinzwheeling »

Jim LaGuardia wrote:I'll be in C-13
Where did you guys make reservations? I didn't see a spot on the mogfest website.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

You'ii need to call Calico direct and reserve a site.

krick3tt

CALICO

Post by krick3tt »

There was a question earlier of OHV permits. Go to the Calico website and it will be expained. Licensed street legal vehicles are ok. If you are not street legal, then you will need a OHV permit. Call the ranger at Calico.
...also call the Ghost town for reservations for campsites. Don't bother with the email, phone them.

Cheers,
Morris
pinzwheeling

What's on the agenda?

Post by pinzwheeling »

OK, I blindly signed up and sent my $$$ to Kai Serrano. My wife thinks I'm stupid (tough to argue) for not even knowing what the event is. Are people going to be reserving campsites when they get there.

I was told by Kai "Michael the sites are first come first serve. They are all similar and close to Mog central You can choose from sites B-1-14 and A 15-25 as avail. We ask everyone to leave the large site for those with motor homes and such."

Since I don't know any of you yet (lucky for you) is there someone that can give me more info on the events or normal occurances that happen at Mogfest?

Please email me at mrosenblum@asymtek.com

Thanks!

BTW, I'm towing my Pinz with my wife's Excursion. Is there going to be parking for the tow vehicles?
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Michael
I find it hard to believe Kia has any spaces left on his reservations. I tend to believe that you need to reserve a space with Calico itself. You may want to email Alan Draper also.... he needs to pull more of his hair out too. :lol:

Don't worry about it otherwise, it is an excellant event for everyone. This will be my 3rd year. I won't have the Pink Cow there this year, but rather my 1300 Mog and my Haflinger ( how tough can it be? :roll: :lol: )

There will be plenty of help there with the trails and how to do them.

Dave Dunn

pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

David Dunn wrote:Michael
I find it hard to believe Kia has any spaces left on his reservations. I tend to believe that you need to reserve a space with Calico itself. You may want to email Alan Draper also.... he needs to pull more of his hair out too. :lol:

Don't worry about it otherwise, it is an excellant event for everyone. This will be my 3rd year. I won't have the Pink Cow there this year, but rather my 1300 Mog and my Haflinger ( how tough can it be? :roll: :lol: )

There will be plenty of help there with the trails and how to do them.

Dave Dunn
He told me he had 2 spaces left when he got my check, so I guess I'm good there. :)

BTW, I have to send you $$$ for a windshield; thanks for offering such a valuable service to us!
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

pinzwheeling wrote: He told me he had 2 spaces left when he got my check, so I guess I'm good there. :)
Hmmm... probably gave my site away :shock:

PinzEOD

Post by PinzEOD »

I e-mailed the Mogfest guys about paying the $25 and never got a reply...I do have a campsite...and I hope I can pay my $25 when I get there.
Mike Newton 1973 712M (sold)
I do not like this word "bomb." It is not a bomb. It is a device that is exploding. Jacques le Blanc
Pinz Enthusiast

Calico

Post by Pinz Enthusiast »

I also have emailed "Kai" some months ago and never got a reply, I did reserve a few spaces with Calico myself, Just hoping Kia and gang have enough food for the provided meals but I guess we will take extra on our own, (just being safe and perpared) like all pinz owners should be, would have been nice to have heard back from someone but then again.....lol
Eric
Anaheim Hills, Ca
1973 712M
1996 LR Disco I
2003 LR Discovery SE
2003 Holiday Rambler Endeavor MH
hope to get a 1969 Ford M656
pinzwheeling

Re: Calico

Post by pinzwheeling »

Pinz Enthusiast wrote:I also have emailed "Kai" some months ago and never got a reply, I did reserve a few spaces with Calico myself, Just hoping Kia and gang have enough food for the provided meals but I guess we will take extra on our own, (just being safe and perpared) like all pinz owners should be, would have been nice to have heard back from someone but then again.....lol
That's weird, he was super responsive when I contacted him. Maybe he never got your email.
krick3tt

calico

Post by krick3tt »

Since it is a Mogfest, Kai posted his address on the mog website for those to send checks for the food. He gets a lot of email and may have not had time to answer.
Good idea to be prepared on your own. There is a restaurant and a snack bar in the ghost town but I am not sure of the hours. Also there is a service station (gas) and a restaurant at the turnoff to the ghost town from the 15 about 10 min away, as a last resort.

Cheers,
Morris
710M