graded trails

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
krick3tt

graded trails

Post by krick3tt »

I am connected to a jeep website and have just read a recent post from one of the guys that are very active in desert wheeling...
this may make for some less than interesting wheeling on the local desert trails.

'.....Anza Borrego State Park now has a heavy equipment operator on full time staff. This operator has been bulldozing and grading the trails.

This past Saturday I, Fuel Rod, Pathfinder, and Jeep Frog ran down Turkey Track. What used to be a challenging trail for stock and near stock Jeeps and a fun run for built up Jeeps. It is now a smooth graded dirt road. That took a lot of fun out of the day.

I spoke to the Anza Borrego Visitor's Center this morning. I was informed that other trails have been graded. They are:
Jasper Trail
Grapevine Trail
Culp Valley Trail
Calcite Mine Trail

Further, the park intends to grade many of the roads in the park. They are talking about grading the bypass up to Sheep Canyon. They do not have a list for publication but they have a stated goal to smooth out the roads to make them more accessible. The visitor center did state that Heart attach Hill and Diablo Drop Off would not be touched because the heavy equipment can not negotiate the terrain.'

Hope this doesn't ruin any plans any of you may have for the winter desert trips.

Morris,
710M
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Well you had to expect that, after all they have sold a lot of H2's :twisted: :lol:

Miles
KINSPINZ

Post by KINSPINZ »

[quote="milesdzyn"]Well you had to expect that, after all they have sold a lot of H2's :twisted: :lol:

Miles[/quote]

Yeah that is the problem!!!???

We run into this here in CO all the time. this is now a trend and sucks. its not only us, so make sure to make a point to try to keep trails open so one day we all can have a chance to check it out. Good luck.
Last edited by KINSPINZ on Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ITS NOT A F*&$%*# HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

They paved Paradise, put up a parking lot.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

Unfortunately that's happening to a lot of good tracks here as well!
Last year a few of us drove up to one of our favourite "local tracks" expecting a good morning of challenging driving, only to find they had bulldozed the whole lot and put in a secondary gravel road :x :x :cry: :twisted:
More and more we are losing tracks to this form of "mischief" (they call it upgrading :x ) ........ and they call us, the environmental vandals!
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
STPPINZ

Post by STPPINZ »

Happening in Moab too. Elephant Trail in Canyonlands used to be a great trail. It kind of weeded out to the few who could make it to Devils Kitchen and stuff. Now it is cemented and asphaulted so that a Civic could make it up and over. Pretty lame
Wimps Need Not Apply