Orlando Florida MV ride/ round up

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
Boelt63A
United States of America

Orlando Florida MV ride/ round up

Post by Boelt63A »

One of my best friends is organizing a trail ride Feb 24-25 near Orlando. He has a modified Duece and a half, and several people with US MV's will be there, as will I with my 710M. It would be nice to see some other pinz's or some Mogs there.

Details can be had on the steel soldier website www.steelsoldiers.com under the upcoming events. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php? ... forum&f=65

Feel free to check out his Diablo upgrade thread, under modifications and hot rodding in the forum, absolutely unbelievable what he has done to this truck.

Chuck

'74 710M
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

I am interested in going. Do you have a exact location as of yet? I know that some of the guys from the Tampa area are coming over for the MVPA show in the begining of Feb. The plan was to do the show and then go and play in the Ocala forest. I think that a group of 6 or 7 Pinzgauers pulling in at the same time will be quite a sight! Are you intersted in coming down for this gathering?

As a rule all of us from the Central FL area have been going to either Richloam WMA or in the Ocala forest every few months to get together and get the trucks dirty. Richloam is located between Orlando and Tampa, somewhere near the middle. It is always a great time and we draw a lot of looks when we pull in to the Shell station to meet up. Everyone is always welcome to join us and as rule, we set up the run here on the board.
Boelt63A
United States of America

Copied from the SS site

Post by Boelt63A »

A bump to drum up some interest on the idea ...

The meet will be held in Clermont, FL which is about 45 minutes west of Disney world.

All SS members and families are welcome... I would also like to extend and invitation to the local Pinz and Mog community in the area also!! Reguardless of your ride, don't feel bad if your iron is down and out, we would love to have you there and there's always room to hitch a ride for the trail rides. GA guys please don't be shy, its about 2 hours by MV!!!

The location is central to the state with access via the FL turnpike, 75, I4, Hwy 50 and Hwy 27... No matter where your coming from the "long haul" of the trip is highway.

GPS, Google Earth and Map savvy guys... 28* 24'18.18" N and 81* 51' 53.08" W .... This is 2 - 2.5 miles west of Seminole Lake Glider Port off of Hwy 33 in Lake county.

The property is located approximately 2 miles off of the pavement on a un managed road... Its drivable by any vehicle but getting there is like a trail ride in its self!

Pending the response a pig roast will be in order on Friday evening... Hot dogs and hamburgers Sat afternoon /eve... Otherwise its up to you.

I am planning a weekend out of it...IE Rough camping (be honest with yer spouse boys)... I will bring a 15KW gen set for dusk use only (no one wants to listen to that day and night), Travel trailer, tents, your cab, all is fair game and there is plenty of room. The nearest hotels are in Kissimmee, FL and about 45 mins by deuce. Firewood is everywhere for collection; grills, charcoal are not needed but its up to you.

Firearms are welcome but due to safety issues we will set up a range and open it on Saturday afternoon for a few hours... Other wise I must ask that they stay securely out of sight and out of mind in you vehicles AT ALL TIMES!!! Were shooting for a family event here, no pun intended. You C3 guys are more than welcome to shake the dust off your stuff, please mind your stamps blah blah blah..

ATV's, golf carts, etc are welcome to responsible riders.

Pets are welcome but be mindful of your fellow MV'ers their wives, children other pets and wildlife that can get hungry (not kidding).

Cellular service is generally lost within approximately 10 miles of the property... Verizon customers whom want to climb a tree at 12AM MIGHT get a call out... your text / sms service generally works 24/7... Other wise I know of no other carrier with signal in the area.

There is enough mud to loose a division of tracked vehicles in and more trail to be blazed than we could possibly drive in a weekend. The property offers some respectable obstacles (for Florida...lol) and plenty of good solid ground for those whom don't like "testing" their MV's.
russ

Post by russ »

Looked it up in Google Earth. It's pretty close to us in St. Pete/Tampa. Sent messages to some people here. Going to try to come.
Boelt63A
United States of America

Post by Boelt63A »

We'd love to have you there.

This will be my first MV get together with the Pinz and I am looking forward to talking face to face with some other Pinz owners.

Chuck

'74 710M
tokarev
United States of America

Clermont gathering

Post by tokarev »

Checked the calendar and it looks booked for that weekend - Scout carwash (Sat) and Hernando MG shoot (Sun) - I would have liked to go sounds like fun.
Walter Keller
1981 712M
Home of the SHTF50 and SHF/R50 .50 BMG Rifles
Boelt63A
United States of America

Post by Boelt63A »

Sorry you can't make it. Mike just posted some pics of the area on the SS site. I am definately taking my 710 down there.
'74 710M Wrecked/Rolled
"The Worm"
'76 712M
718 Turbo Diesel
russ

Post by russ »

Looks like we have two 710Ks, one Mog and possibly a 712 if it comes in time We're all driving from Tampa/St. Pete. All of us have trailers for hauling our vehicles. From the pictures on the steelsoldiers site it looked like we could get back there and have space.

I'm thinking of taking Fri. off from work and driving before traffic gets bad. Not sure that will work out yet though.
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

Russ,
e-mail me with your final plans and I will meet you at the corner of 33 and 561. From there it is only a few miles. I am also off Friday so I can meet you when ever you want. Add my 710M to the list. See ya later in the week.
Wayne
Boelt63A
United States of America

Post by Boelt63A »

Glad to see so much support form the central Florida guys for this little ride. Mike is looking forward to it and so am I .

Thanks

Chuck
'74 710M Wrecked/Rolled
"The Worm"
'76 712M
718 Turbo Diesel
Boelt63A
United States of America

directions

Post by Boelt63A »

Well Mike is considering selling his Duece and buying a Pinz. There should be quite a few people out there this weekend.

Directions are posted on the SS site under Florida Round Up.

Hope to see you all there this weekend!

Chuck
'74 710M Wrecked/Rolled
"The Worm"
'76 712M
718 Turbo Diesel
Boelt63A
United States of America

Florida MV round up

Post by Boelt63A »

:D For all who came, thanks for showing up!! For those of you who couldn't come, you missed a great weekend!

There are pictures posted on the SS website under the Florida MV roundup thread. Feel free to add any pics you took to the thread.

Kenny and Mike are trying to get those of you who have had trouble registering for the site signed up.

Thanks again. We are already talking about doing this next year. So your comments and suggestions will help us greatly.

Chuck
'74 710M Wrecked/Rolled
"The Worm"
'76 712M
718 Turbo Diesel
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

Thanks for the invite Chuck. I had a blast. It was a great time for everyone and I thought that Mike went above and beyond with the whole thing. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php? ... 729d2271b9 For the pictures. They start at about the middle of page 4 and continue to page 5. Next year I am sure that more US Iron will be there so we will need more Pinz guys to come on down so we can dominate the crowd again! This year we could have called it the FL Treffen! I tried again today to register at Steel Soldiers and it still was not working correctly. Thanks again and look forward to next year.

Wayne
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

Wow, nice pics! That looks like a bunch of fun for sure. I only have one question: What's that wet looking brown stuff? ;)

We don't get too much mud around here, we just get to fall off of rocks. How'd the Pinz's do in the deep stuff?
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

The Pinzgauer's did a great job when they were in the water. When we got into the cat tails it was a different story. As a rule they may stop going forward but would usally back right back out of what ever stopped it from moving. No rocks in FL to play on, only mud, sand, and water. All but 2 of the trucks had snorkels attached but the water was not that deep this trip.