Moab Trip - March 2-3

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
STPPINZ

Moab Trip - March 2-3

Post by STPPINZ »

Just thought you all would like to see some pictures of our latest Moab trip. It was a pretty fun trip. Cliffhanger and Kanes Creek were the trails that we ran. We would of liked to of done more but we had to go rescue some friends. Pretty impressed with the new tires too - 34x10.5 SuperSwampers LTB's.

http://pinzgauertrails.googlepages.com/
Wimps Need Not Apply
Wayne Roberts

Post by Wayne Roberts »

Nice pictures. Looks like it was a fun trip. Thanks for sharing them. We do not have any rocks in central FL to play on, only sand, water and mud.

Wayne
KINSPINZ

Post by KINSPINZ »

Great Pics, How was the "ledge" at the end of cliffhanger right before you turn around. Done it in a jeep but not in the pinz.
ITS NOT A F*&$%*# HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
STPPINZ

Post by STPPINZ »

It wasn't bad at all. The 712 and its climbing capabilities is unmatched (as you know). If you can get your nose on it you can go up it, especially with the armor up front. And descending is a lot better than a 710 with the weight of that back axle helping out. Can't wait to go again.
Wimps Need Not Apply
KINSPINZ

Post by KINSPINZ »

Yeah that is one that we havent done. you should really meet us out there in june, and i do like the 712's.....there cute...

Hey where is that pic in your sig. Do you have that in a normal size, sweeet
ITS NOT A F*&$%*# HUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!
todds112

Post by todds112 »

Sweet, gotta get down there. Did you decide to keep the 712?
1973 712M
STPPINZ

Post by STPPINZ »

I am still on the fence with that. I love this truck and still want to do a lot to it but for some reason I think a 1300 would be awesome. I wish I could have both. This trip has definatly made myself reavaluate though....This Pinz has never let me down. Its great.......We'll see.
Wimps Need Not Apply
todds112

Post by todds112 »

I love my "new" truck. Haven't got to really test it offroad yet (backcountry is still buried in too much snow). The former owner put 34x10.5 LTB's on it before I bought it. I expect they will do really well in the rocks and mud. They are not so hot on ice and hard packed snow. Everyone comments on how tough they look, though.

You're truck is awesome! Gotta be one of the nicest anywhere.

Was that Nissan really stuck, or were they just afraid to move due to the situation?
1973 712M
STPPINZ

Post by STPPINZ »

That Xtera was teedering on falling into that ravean. It was pretty scarry. After we got it out I was thinking what would of happened if it fell and my winch line was hooked to it. That wouldn't of been very fun.

Im my opinion and experances the Pinz is not very good in deep snow at all. From what I have seen they do good with snow on the road but when ever I go off road in deep snow it is bad news. I think it has to do with the pizza cutter wheels and the suspension that dosen't keep on the ground without weight on the tire.

For the stock wheels though I have liked the LTB's so far. Im interested to see how many miles I will get out of them. The more I drive them the more the feel broke in. Kind of like a new pair of shoes. Must be the bias ply.

Im thinking of maybe going up to so some trails at Palisades when we run the river this summer. Know of any good trails up there? We usually run the river a couple of times a year.
Wimps Need Not Apply