2007 SWPA Treffen - April 5-8

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
skd

2007 SWPA Treffen - April 5-8

Post by skd »

The 2007 SWPA Treffen is coming up soon.

This year it will be a little north of Tucson, base camp is at Catalina State Park.

Mike and I pre-ran one of the trails, Chivo Falls, on Saturday in his 710 to check for water damage from all the rains this winter - none to speak of. There was actually snow up on the mountains above us which felt odd since it was 85 degrees. This trail is a fun one with go arounds to make it harder (or easier). The falls were dropping a lot of water so it was very pretty. I will get pictures up from this pre-run by Thurs. morning.

Catalina State Park was nice also. It sits right at the base of the Catalinas and has impressive views. SWPA reserved the large group site for the 4 day weekend.

The park has an 'Equestrian Center' and right out of the park is a rent a horse outfit. I am pretty sure my wife and kids will opt out of Pinzing on Saturday to do this...

Treffen info:
http://www.swpinzgauer.org/html/treffen_2007.html

See you there
Steve
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

preliminary numbers look like this will be a great event. Hope to see you all there, only a couple of weeks away.
Mike
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Gee Mike if my math is correct,you should be able to average your vehicle listings to........1968 M374M!
:lol: Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
skd

Post by skd »

If anyone else is interested in the horseback riding, call sooner than later. When I called they said this would be a busy weekend (Easter Sunday) so I made my reservations for my family today. Since I am getting there Wednesday I thought I would give the truck a day off and get on a horse also...

http://puschridgestables.com/
13700 N. Oracle Road
Tucson, AZ 85739
(520)825-1664
Vickie@puschridgestables.com

One thing to make it harder, they said cash only...
I signed us up for the 2 hour ride, 10am on Saturday.

Steve
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Horse is a horse,( Pinzgauer) :lol:
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
mjnims

Post by mjnims »

Just returned from the Treffen. Had a great time and good to see some new faces and trucks. I can't thank Swiss Army Vehicles and Cold War Remarketing enough for their support, they really help to make these events what they are. I would hope that when you find yourself in need of parts, you would consider the dealers who support pinz owners and their events.

See you at the next event
Mike