Snow is finally here

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
Denis

Snow is finally here

Post by Denis »

It snowed pretty much last thursday and I had time for a Pinz ride yesterday. 8)

It was lots of fun. :twisted:

Here is a couple of pics.

Denis
:D

andy

Post by andy »

Pretty pics, but way too cold for my cold adverse rear end.
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
todds112

Post by todds112 »

Way to rub it in, Denis. :? We haven't had any decent snow yet. :cry:
1973 712M
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

What's snow?
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
Denis

Post by Denis »

Hey guys :!:

Don't be sad. :?

The forecast for tomorrow is that we are going to get another 6 to 8 inches of fresh snow. :twisted:

Maybe if my half decide to come, I will post some others nice pics next weekend. 8)

Denis :D
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Post by McCall Pinz »

We finally have a few inches of snow in town. Hopefully I'll get out to play this weekend. Great looking Pinz by the way- I really like the "swiss post auto" color scheme
Heed

Post by Heed »

Great pics Denis!!

I wish we had snow...Toronto is getting nothing but cold rain!!
Bob
1990 - Mercedes G-Wagon 250GD

A goal without a plan is just a wish!
Denis

Post by Denis »

Good day all.

Hey Heed, just come down with your Pinz 8) and I will show you some nice trails as I'm planning to put the chains on this week end :twisted:

We are getting some snow as I'm writing this. Tomorrow morning will be fresh powder on the ground. :D

Denis
texas pinzgauer

weather

Post by texas pinzgauer »

It's like 89F here in Houston today. It's TOO hot to drive the 710 today!
I-10pinz

Post by I-10pinz »

Hmmm... ,looks outside and all the sides are rolled up on the pinz, yep december in texas gota love it.
Only from above may they judge my actions below.

Thomas
krick3tt

snow

Post by krick3tt »

Denis,
Good to see that beauty of a pinz again. We actually had snow here for two days, then it was washed away by the rain. Drove the pinz to pick up a generator when the power went out.
I have got to get a heater for this weather, I have the cab tarp down to separate the back, but the air from the exhaust just does not really do the job. Now that I am retired money is a little tight so maybe I will just put on another sweater.
Any progress on that trailer? It looked good just as you got it but I know you will improve how it looks even more.

Cheers, Morris
Denis

Post by Denis »

Sorry to ear that it is so hot down in Texas. For my part I prefer cold, specialy if it is so hot that you can't drive the Pinz.

Here some pics of my last week ride when we had a snow storm that let behind 30 cm of fresh white gold. 8)

Morris clad to ear from you too and congratulation on the retirement, hope you will have lots of fun in it and that your are enjoying the new place.:wink:

As for the trailer, it is the same as you saw it last time, it is going to be a project sometimes in the futur.

For now I'm on an even bigger project. :twisted: I'm planning a trip to the west with the Pinz. I'm thinking of going in to Yellowstone National park then down to Moab and Colorado and finally towards the Grand Canyon and back to Quebec. It is going to be a real test on my Pinz. So lots of preparation, planning and making sure that the Pinz is in great shape before going.:D

I have contacted some of the members of this group already to help me with finding nice places to go and specialy nice trails to do. If you have some nice destinations that will be on my path going on this trip don't hesitate to tell me about it. :wink:

Denis :D
andy

Post by andy »

Denis, once again nice pictures. It's 39 degrees here today with a NW wind at about 12 mph and there is fog and mist. Too cold and ugly to go out for me unless I have to.

Depending on what time of year you are planning your trek you might consider returning via Big Bend National Park. Pretty varied topography for a basically desert setting. From there you can continue east on US 90 (goes right past my house) to San Antonio or pick up one of the interstate highways that head north and east.

The snow is pretty and the Pinz is beautiful.

Andy
A bar F
The buck STARTS here
www.deerleaseservices.com
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Denis, I would stop by twinpinz place and do black bear pass. After Looking at some of jasons pic's its on my list for next year. Erik
Denis

Post by Denis »

Good day

Got out in the snow storm today. :twisted:

The forecast is calling for something like 50 cm of fresh snow and wind in the 90 Km/h. Nice time for a Pinz ride. 8)

I went out, got stuck on this road. :oops:

Put on the chains and it got out without any problem but some nice throttle play did the job. The hardest part was to put the chain on. Next time I will remember to put them on before I get it stuck. :wink:

As usual it was a great time with the Pinz. :lol:

Denis