Wisconsin Treffen

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
undysworld
Norway

Wisconsin Treffen

Post by undysworld »

Well, we did it. The first-ever Wisconsin Treffen has come and gone and was a small success.

A grand total of 3 Pinzgauer owners plus some friends attended, although only 1 Pinzgauer was able to be there. (Tom's truck is still out being repainted and Sean is awaiting delivery of his new toy.) But by all acounts, a good time was had by everybody. :D

The trails at McCaslin Mt. were challenging enough that we all got banged up a bit. But everybody was able to drive away. We also explored a nearby pipeline access route which provided some good terrain including a long, steep, rocky climb.

Tom was kind enough to post pictures he took, and here's a link to some:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/usdk/colle ... 012827641/

Yeah, that's me on my side. :roll:

There's already been some talk about the "next Treffen". We'll keep you posted....

Paul
russ

Post by russ »

That's not really on your side, that's actually called a sleeping Pinz. It was just napping. :D

Very pretty trails, you're going to need to get a snorkel so you can go around the next Samurai that blocks the trail though.
If you didn't get stuck, you didn't try hard enough.
'74 710K

1984 in 2009
EvanH

Post by EvanH »

Is that Sumari from the shallow end of the gene pool, or on the deep side of a river? Did he really think he could drive across?

-Evan
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Evan

Rumor had it that the Samurai "pond" was fordable. At least there were no actual boats sailing there. I wasn't lucky enough to see the actual sinking. But I was told it involved some blub-blub-blub noises as it foundered. :P

He hydrolocked the engine. Lucky for him, the Pinz spark plug wrench fit adequately. He pulled the plugs, we rolled the Sammy back and forth to blow some water out, turned the engine over to remove more, and he replugged it, started it back up and drove away. Kind of amazing, actually.

Paul
Lightningpinz

Post by Lightningpinz »

One of the old timers here in Colorado talks about the privilege of "piloting a Pinz".
Pilots say a good landing is one you can walk away from. A perfect landing is any oanding you can reuse the plane. Well then pilot, it was a perfect landing :lol: :lol: