2010 Wisconsin Pinzgauer Treffen, August 7-8

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
n9udl

2010 Wisconsin Pinzgauer Treffen, August 7-8

Post by n9udl »

We have a little bit more info, now that the event is less than a month away. :wink:

There is no charge to participate, but you are responsible for your own fuel, camping fees, meds, speeding tickets, etc.

If you have any questions, please contact either myself ("n9udl") or Paul ("undysworld").

Complete information is available via the following links:

Main info page, including campsite reservation info, maps, etc:
2010 Wisconsin Pinzgauer Treffen Info | www.wisconsin-pinzgauers.org

Google map of planned routes:
2010 Wisconsin Pinzgauer Treffen - Google Maps
'74 710M, '04 F-150, '08 KLR650, '89 TW200
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Well, we're just home, and have to say that I had a blast. It wasn't the Rockies, but Tom did a great job at finding us some very satisfying roads to travel. Iowa has apparently just suffered through a massive pounding by rain. There were enormous trees and stream beds washed out, etc. The secondary roads we were on varied from field roads to tight, rocky paths and muddy trails through the hills and woods just west from the Mississippi.

We camped at Nelson Dewey State Park, which was really nice, except for the ravenous mosquitoes. There ended up being 5 Pinzgauers that showed up, and 1 Jeep. I think it's safe to say that the locals had never seen Pinzgauers before. Lot's of gape-jawed stares on my end, at least.

Anyway, HUGE THANKS are due to Tom Landmann. I'll leave it to others to post pictures or videos. Everyone laughed when I busted out the disposable camera with "actual film" in it. (Face it, I deserve to drive a vehicle with carburetors! Har, har, har!!)

ps. Sean even invited the DOT's attorney to join us. He didn't show...

:lol: :lol:
Scooter

Post by Scooter »

The best part is when we drove out of the woods on a class B road right on to a gravel road that was right in front of this guy’s front drive. He was bent over fixing his lawn tractor in his front yard. He looked up like no one ever came from that way on the road before. Then 5 pinzs and a jeep come rolling past out of no where. Should have seen the look on his face, priceless. :)

There were lots of flooded out areas along the rivers. You could see many trees that were down and washed away from the storm three weeks ago.

It was a great trip and I am looking forward to next year.

Scooter