The Gathering, 2011, Sunday March 13th

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
David Dunn
United States of America

The Gathering, 2011, Sunday March 13th

Post by David Dunn »

The Gathering will be March 13th, 2011 ( 2nd Sunday in March)
Same place at the AmVet at 14910 Los Angeles St, Irwindale,CA, from 8ish to 3:00 PM . This is the typical meeting day for the SCMVCC.

For those are new to the forum, this is a one day gathering of European MVs for people to meet, learn more about theirs and others vehicles, and to sell and buy parts

Here's mapquest to the location:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/14910+Los+ ... indale+ca/

Also, the BBQ may take on a new style and flavor this year, as a complete Sankey field kitchen trailer bought in the UK last year should be here and "hopefully" operationally :roll: :D

BTW, does anyone remember when the first was? '04, '05 ?
Last edited by David Dunn on Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Howdy y'all,
Just a reminder that The Gathering is 7 weeks off.
For those that are new to us, this an annual event for Euro MVs. Meet, learn, swap meet , and BBQ.

Search old threads for past events.

Peter, time for you to mount the outboard to your 712 for "Gulliver's Travels" :D

David Dunn
United States of America

Re: The Gathering, 2011, Sunday March 13th

Post by David Dunn »

Reminder, The Gathering is now just 3 weeks off.

And as in the past. People that bring their Euro MV will be given free admission to American Society of Military History Museum ( aka tankland.com) on the same day

edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Reminder set for next Sunday March 13.

Looking forward to seeing everyone show up. Was a good time last year. Many thanks to David for making this happen.

Ed
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Thank you Ed. As many already know, my idea is for people new to Pinzes and other Euro MV's to get together to learn more about their vehicles and more than the 2D you get from a computer screen. The SCMVCC was a bit apprehensive when I first asked to hold the event at the Amvet ( previously held at my shop), but have looked forward to The Gathering every year since.

I hope to see many faces from the past Gatherings and Mogfests ( and hopefully I'm not pre-occupied with things), even more hopeful to see new people that want to learn more and put a face to the members from the different groups.( and not a fist in mine :lol: :wink: )

On a side note, I've been on the busy side the last couple of weeks attempting to get the fielding cooking trailer together and presentable. I am doubtful it will be operationable, but will have it there with 90% of it's kit... even the rare petrol tanks/pumps I'll never use ( something about becoming my own IED :roll: )

As one friend perfers to refer to some of my vehicle as my British POS's... this ugly Betty has cleaned up quite well :mrgreen: :D

Dave

Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

I will be there with my Pinz and Swiss trailer(thanks Andre') :D
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Wellllllll, this is my last update and reminder.... 2 more days... and for me, hopefully the funnest gathering yet. After dealling with a propane company for 2 weeks getting a regulator and fittings for BSPP to SAE and not being able to boil water, I find out that when I was calling for a regulator for 10PSI, they were thinking 10Hg :x To put it in terms a motorhead would understand, it's like having a FI engine and using a fuel pump for a carburator... :roll: Now, I need to learn how to "tone" it down.... water boiling before I realized it, and the oven .... well, it took 20 minutes to get it DOWN to 390 degrees.

Lastly, I have made flyers for Tankland that has the address and directions to the museum from Amvet.
Besides the free admission on Sunday with an Euro MV, the flyer will also serve as a 20% discount for those that show up at the gathering in their civily car. The museum is only 10 miles from the Amvet and is opened until 4:30. A good chance to see some real HEAVY METAL. 8)

acebee
Switzerland

Post by acebee »

Dave - After having missed last year - I plan to be there on Sunday @ 0800 with my son..

Oh well.. I was hoping that the field kitchen was operational so that we would not have to subsist on fast food MRE this Sunday.. :D
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

S.B. don't waste money on fast food. Breakfast is available and Dave got the kitchen trailer ready for cooking.
Oh yea, it's also daylight savings time.....................................Spring forwards :wink:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

S B, if you are really set on MRE's, I am bringing one cooking pot to heat water... I can always boil you up a MRE. :)

Now that I got it all together for tomorrow, I am sitting back and looking a bit more broadly at the trailer, beside carrying a lot more foods and liquids ( don't foget the "liquids" :wink: ), it could also easily haul 4 30lb bottles of propane to make a heck of an IED ( Incurable Eating Disorder).... not what you thought IED stood for, yuh ? :lol: :lol:

There are plans in the works for at least 2 more events through summer for the cooking trailer, and I expect a lot more request when it is seen tomorrow

D