How to piss off a land owner

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
spandit

How to piss off a land owner

Post by spandit »

We have a lot of trouble in the UK with people wrecking the countryside by inconsiderate off-roading. Perhaps they don't have that problem in Eastern Europe (not sure where this is filmed). Also looks like a good way of busting something...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0WtYRdAJzM
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
(upgrading to MicroSquirt)
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

The full video can be seen on you tube called Pinzgauer istra 4, and it looks like these guys had a hell of a time. I wish I had 300 acres to just tear up like these guys...after all...its only DIRT
life is like a box of chocolates...you never know which one you might get

710M
Twin Pinzies

Post by Twin Pinzies »

Spinning the tires and going in circles? Are they all 16 yr olds?
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

They call that flat expanse "offroad"--it looks to be about the same level of difficulty as quite a few roads that I know. It also looked like they weren't paying much attention with their driving and could have easily crashed into each other. How silly and neanderthal.

Cheers,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
krick3tt

how to piss off a landowner

Post by krick3tt »

What simple minded twits.

But, ...it is an interesting way to plow a field.

Glad they keep that stuff on that side of the pond.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
spandit

Post by spandit »

In the UK we have precious little open ground to drive on and behaviour like that would see even more fenced off.

Can't afford the bloody fuel to drive it like that anyway - you 'mercans are lucky in that respect!
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

Everyone is assuming here...perhaps this property actually belongs to the knuckleheads doing donuts in the field???? and yes while this is silly and in their case a tad dangerous I would dare say that in the scheme of things is basically harmless. And YES before anyone gets on their high horse and chastises me.. I totally agree that if this is being done on property that does not belong to them, or to someone who has given these guys permission to tear up the field..THEN THIS IS ABSOLUTELY WRONG....BUT....since none of us know who these guys are, or the details of their exploits, it seems harsh to suppose that they are outlaws, or are damaging the prospects for our more civilized 4 wheelers

710M
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

What Pete said.. Now on a different note has any one noted the apparent fuel tank on the left side of the one with the light colored top? I wonder what his total fuel capacity is.
Probably give some of the blokes on the old side of the pond fits at the thought of the cost to fill. I guess some of the trucks over here would really scare them. :shock:
http://www.billcaid.com/2006/CalicoMogF ... 9R5635.jpg

http://www.vv4w.org/core/modimg.asp?src ... C02568.JPG

Ed :lol:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
Dreadnought

Off road in eastern europe

Post by Dreadnought »

Guys and for Spandit especially it is a different world over here!!! OK I only know Poland...Spandit it is laning heaven here, lanes everywhere, unused land everywhere.....I think those guys doing donuts....are in Serbia or somewhere, but if it,s like here, they just don,t care....nobody cares....if the land is not being used as a field and is just left fallow..,.they have the attitude "what the hell" it,s only dirt....what can a couple of pinzgauers do to it"?... Here in Poland I was amazed to find all the people driving cars and big trucks (scary) 'like a 17 year old on Acid' !!!!!! (even guys in their 50,s.....but remember they only just came out of communism so they have only had cars for a while...they are still like children with a new toy) they are maniacs....I,m surprised the road slaughter here isn,t 10 times what it is.....they overtake on blind bends rather than on a straight whilst clutching their cricifixes!!!! But it is not unusual to see quads or 4x4s on some piece of unused land just having fun. I,m willing to bet it was like that in parts of america at one time where there was a lot of wide open unused country.....if you had a 4x4 you could just go have fun????...Here...."private keep out" signs are rare indeed!
Aiming to introduce UK Politicians to Piano wire and Lamposts!
spandit

Post by spandit »

I bet the petrol's cheaper too (you could probably run it off vodka...)

Then again, yours is diesel, I recall - so probably even cheaper!

I guess I'm just jealous as we're so restricted over here
--

Robin

Pinzgauer 710K
MegaJolt ignition
Pinzgauer Pete

Post by Pinzgauer Pete »

Spandit its the same here in the states at least in new york where I live....lots of open land...tons of logging trails but more posted no trespassing signs than ever. Our state dosent seem to mind snowmobilers but as for ATV or ORV they make no provisions at all. I have only three choices...offroad illegally....go to another state that is more ORV friendly...or join a 4 wheeler club that gets access to some land but still has to travel to non local places to use land.

710M
Dreadnought

Post by Dreadnought »

Spandit.....when my wife and I first looked at coming to live here, I had her check with Polish off roading clubs.....they told me before I got here that you can go just about anywhere that there is a track...hell, most of these 'tracks' are actually on the map as roads, it is like going back in time 60 years, probably how the UK was in the 50,s.....loads of lanes and if you had a 4x4 you could drive them, those were the days? (but how many working class people then could afford a 4x4 vehicle or had even though of offroading as a pleasurable pastime?) The Polish clubs from the West and North of Poland were even jealous that we were coming to live here!!!! OK it,s duelling banjos country - seriously it looks just like the country in the Film 'Deliverance' and the hillbillys look similar. (actually they all look like the old guy doing the 'clog dance' at the gasoline pump!!!) But everything is cheaper than anywhere else in Poland even fuel....and my internet is FREE, provided by the Government (I smell EU vote buying money!!) But back to the availability of land and tracks for offroad use? If I hadn,t come here to retire and just enjoy myself....I would have been thinking along the lines of a Farm Holidays business, where you can watch primitive farming methods....or you can go offroading all day, on tracks and lanes and selected fields....without any of the restrictions you find in UK. (or as it sounds..increasingly in some parts of the USA) Offroading???? It,s why I,m here!!!!!
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

Watching the video reminded me of my trip to Florida.

Alan did many donuts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRHzw35R ... ata_player
croatiapinzgauer

Post by croatiapinzgauer »

I have to write a few words about the film for which spandit set link ..
Firstly I must say that I participated in this off road tour and if you look at film Pinzgauer istra 4 to 0.45 sec I am one in black jackets and jeans.
The informations that I will tell you are reliable .. The story takes place in Croatia.
Off road driving is driven by roads which are the owners of the state and private land. Specifically the drift is happening on private land owned by one of our members who has Pinz.
Another thing I must tell you about the price of gasoline and gasoline in Croatia.
Someone said, if I understand the translation, that gasoline is cheaper here or inPoland
1 liter = 0.264172 gallon coast 9:31 kuna (1.60usd) or
1gallon = 3785 lit. Coast 35.23 million (6.5usd)
1USD = 5.4 kuna

I don't know about petrol price in Poland..
Sorry about the long post, if you are interested in anything related to Croatian, off road movie, and Pinzgauer in Croatia feel free to ask me..
Island Krk- Croatia,
country with more than 1000 islands
3 Pinzgauers 710m
4 Fiat Campagnola 1107
Dreadnought

Re: How to piss off a land owner

Post by Dreadnought »

Croatiapinzgauer, you and me are so lucky to live in the east of europe.....in UK there are almost no places to drive a pinzgauer or Landrover or any other kind of off-road vehicle...except for places where you have to pay money to drive. Where you live and where I live would be 'off-road' heaven to most Uk pinzgauer owners.