NWMF NW mog fest ?

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
norcal pinz
United States of America

NWMF NW mog fest ?

Post by norcal pinz »

is anyone from the bay going to the North West Mog Fest ? i really want to go this year i am thinking about driving my pinz the 9 hours :shock: what do you guys think, is it a bad idea to drive that far :?: if anyone is passing on the I 5 with a trailer big enough i would like to hitch a ride !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :lol: :) or if you are driving i would like to caravan with somebody please let me know.
710M 1972
710k 1974
krick3tt

Re: NWMF NW mog fest ?

Post by krick3tt »

When I lived in CA and WA I drove to it. Now that I am in CO I usually fly
up and rent a vehicle to get me there from the airport. I am thinking of driving
there this year and making it a great camping adventure there and back.

It's on my calendar. I'll see how I get there when it gets closer to the time.
Wouldn't miss it.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
norcal pinz
United States of America

Post by norcal pinz »

Yeah im getting exited 8)
710M 1972
710k 1974
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Posted this on another thrread but no other interesed parties, so...

Oh yeah...I'll be driving up from Denver. It'll take a few days in the pinz.

Route plan is: 70 through CO to Utah, 70 to Salina to Scipio and pick up 50 out of Holden to NV.
Travel 50 through Eureka to Austin, north on 385 to 80 to Winnemucca and pick up 140 over to Crater Lake.
Then 20 to 22 up to Salem...then it's just a skip and a chug to Sheridan.
I have done this before so I know how long it is...I won't realize what I have done till I get to Utah, by then
it's too late to turn back.

Don't think I'll be anywhere near the coast till I hit upper OR. Hope to see you there.

Happy trails,

Morris
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
kpoling
United States of America

Post by kpoling »

Morris: Glad you are going and look forward to meeting you. I am going to try to camp in the old orchard again like last year. Regards, Kevin.
Regards, Kevin

'73 710K sold 01/22/2016
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

Kevin,

Usually camp down by the pit toward the river by the grove of trees.
I'll be drifting all over the place but, I'll cruise through the upper grove.

Happy trails
Winter Beater

Post by Winter Beater »

I envy you guys. I could easily get away for 3 days to pay, but cannot manage the additional 6 days of traveling for the return trip. Have fun; maybe next year I'll have a tow vehicle and reduce the travel time :)
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

WB,

You really can't go wrong if you can only get to the one in SoCal. Can't say for current MogFests but, when I was going and
Kai and his crew were running the food end of it there was no comparison, the eats were super.

Lots of Mog and pinz talk and lots of interesting folks to meet. It's desert so hot, dry and dusty. You might not even get dirty
unless there is a freak rain to make mud.

You only have to wait till October. Plenty of time to get that trailer and super tow vehicle.

Morris
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

How about some photos guys?
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

This may surprise you but I took no photos. Everything that was worth anything happened at night.

I have been to so many MogFests that one more photo of a Mog going through the obstacle course just does not float any of my boats. I think it has to be
personally experienced...the smoke, noise, the smell of Kelly's veggie mog (and the ensuing fire) , the dust and watching Ryan take the paisley mog through
yet another hill climb...etc. The elves scurrying around looking important. Kids everywhere, even in the pit where they should not be (where are the parents?)
People from all over the globe...even a family from Egypt. It's a happening.

The raffle for some very interesting items.

Very organized mayhem...cannot be captured in a picture.

The events...axe throw, the woman's backhoe fill-a-bucket thing. Everyone camped out at the river in their chairs cause it was so damn hot. ...and things I don't
even know about.

I spent my time talking and once again seeing folks I haven't seen in years. My friends from Canada and the PNW. Got to be there or it is meaningless
in a picture.

There was a woman that was taking photos and movies to make a DVD that I am sure will be available soon.
Send an email to Jim/Em and ask them when. It takes a lot of work and $$$ to put this thing on and when the DVD is
available I am sure the proceeds will go to the cause.

Go next year, be a part of it and enjoy some of the nicest folks you may ever meet.

Happy trails,
Morris
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

For a guy who drove there in his Pinzgauer, it must be worth the trip Morris. Having not attended, I'm just curious about the event so photos would be helpful to help me decide it it would be worth messing with in the future.

I'm also thinking about the Overland Expo in the spring in AZ. Having seen those photos, I've got a pretty good sense of what goes on there and what to expect.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

I am sorry if I came off sort of upity but I have been in the garage welding all day and us old guys tire easily.
Truly, I didn't take pictures this year. I can post some of last year and you can get the feel of it. Also the NWMF website will have oodles of
pictures soon.
...and yes, for someone to drive a pinz almost 3300 miles there must be some draw. There is, the socialization and seeing old friends. You see,
usually I drive to the airport and fly up and rent a truck. Same sort of stuff and since I was thinking of selling my pinz, this was sort of the last hurrah
for me and the old girl. I am getting too old for this stuff and was thinking of getting a Dodge truck with a camper and the wife and I would go
a'travelin' for a bit. Not into the RV scene. Did that for a year and that is history.
I have one more trip in me for October in the pinz and that may be the last of it.

Cheers

edit: I may have even missed being in the group shot of all the trucks as I was down at the river drinking beer and chatting.
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

heres a mogfest pic for you.
Attachments
deadbull[1].jpg
deadbull[1].jpg (67.98 KiB) Viewed 6571 times
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I believe there is still a youtube shot of a 6" D ring shooting past my head as it ripped out from under that truck while we tried to recover it.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com