New Mexico wheelers?

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
comfortdental

New Mexico wheelers?

Post by comfortdental »

Is there anyone located in new Mexico
I'm 16 and have a Pinzgauer and my Freinds all either drive civics or work their a** through the floor and never have time to wheel. I'm too young to join any clubs, but would love to see who in nm would wanna go wheeling any 4x4 really would be great you don't need a Pinz but it would sure be fun!

Thanks guys!
Brady
1974 710m
Ford excursion For sale
Toyota scionFor sale
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Re: New Mexico wheelers?

Post by 4x4Pinz »

there are actually quite a few pinzgauers in New Mexico. Seems most are on the north end of Albuquerque and up towards Rio Rancho. You should be able to find one in your area. Seems there was at least one running around a little northwest of you. Have not seen him post up in a while. Pull up the list of members on here and look at their location. Drop them a PM. Not everyone visits the sites on a regular basis and a little prodding might do some good.
comfortdental

Post by comfortdental »

Thanks 4x4 I was under the impression that their were only three including me. And I will look at the list of members when i figure out how to do it!

Brady
1974 710m
Ford excursion For sale
Toyota scionFor sale
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

at one point in time I tried to help them get an established club going. Some interest in the NM community just takes a little work in the beginning. A couple have sold their trucks and moved on but I know there are still several that have them.

just above the post window is a set of controls. Next to where it shows you logged in is a "members" tab. Just click it and it will show you the list of registered members on this board. You will have to scroll down through them. Once you make contact with the guys who have the list of NM pinz owners it should be easy from there.

The SWPA had its Treffen at Roberts Lake, NM one year when we were trying to get the NM pinz guys together. Nice area with lots of history just not much wheeling.

Hope you can get together with some other pinz owners. I know that is one of the best parts of owning a Pinz.
Bulldawg

Post by Bulldawg »

It is always more fun to run with other Pinzgauers because you are not always waiting for other inferior vehicle (Jeep, Toyota, etc) to keep up.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

should have been with us this past weekend. Some very patient jeep folks. We had 3 broken axles, two flat tires and one shift linkage failure. Made a 4 hour trip last 8 hours :oops: . the jeeps had no failures :cry:
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

3 broken axles? Hard to believe.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

considering in the past 8 years I have only seen two, I thought it very odd. The trail is not that tough. Must have been the jeep crowd that was with us hoping for a bad showing.

thought I would put up the link to some of the pictures. I was going to try to describe the trucks that broke the axles and I noticed it is easy. They are the two 710's that have roof racks.
https://picasaweb.google.com/1082522211 ... directlink
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

4x4Pinz wrote:We had 3 broken axles, two flat tires and one shift linkage failure. :cry:
4x4Pinz wrote:I was going to try to describe the trucks that broke the axles and I noticed it is easy. They are the two 710's that have roof racks.

So do i understand correctly that one of the 710's broke two axles?
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

that is correct. Hard to believe. good thing he had access to a parts pinz.
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

4x4Pinz wrote: I was going to try to describe the trucks that broke the axles and I noticed it is easy. They are the two 710's that have roof racks.
Is this just a coincidence, or do you think the weight had something to do with it?
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I am sure it was just a coincidence. Not sure what exactly caused the problems. In most cases an axle is broken when under power then lifted and dropped on a hard surface, stopping the wheel suddenly.
I have seen another 710 (some time ago) break and axle and it was completely empty. I have seen a 712 break an axle on a ledge when it was full of people. Younger driver trying to impress people with his new truck.

Should have both trucks up and running in time for our Treffen in a couple of weeks. Reminds me of my jeep days, drive, break, fix. . . . repeat.
M Wehrman
United States of America

Post by M Wehrman »

Well......*The trail is not that tough*.... :shock: That's not what Stan's trail book said!
I won't do it again! Bypasses for me,I guess we can't all be stars! :lol: :lol:
Stan's truck all done,ready for the Treffen!
Mark
Stock means no imagination!

Volvo TGB1317, .95% Morphed!

68 Haffy
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

Gee Mark if you are going by Stan's book then it was "enjoyable", "scenic" and only requiring "hi clearance 4wd vehicles" You know this trail was nowhere near as tough as Trail 1704. :twisted:
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

I hope Alain is taking good care of my former 710M, the one with the tall roof rack. I want to hear about it if he isn't! :wink:
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494