3rd Annual Mass MOG Trail Ride in Palmer Massachusetts. Satu

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
mopar
United States of America

3rd Annual Mass MOG Trail Ride in Palmer Massachusetts. Satu

Post by mopar »

This is a repost from Ed:

May 19th is almost here, join us for a great weekend!!

3rd Annual Mass MOG Trail Ride in Palmer Massachusetts. Saturday , May 19, 2012.

http://massmog.blogspot.com/2012/02/mas ... -2012.html

Trail ride begins at 10:00 AM SATURDAY
Enjoy the scenery in Western Massachusetts as we explore the trails with other 4X4 enthusiast. Trails range from easy back road drives to all out Mud Bogging and Rock Climbing. All registered parties are invited to join us for a family style Pig Roast/Pot Luck and bon fire Saturday night at The Domnarski Farm. Camping is available and encouraged in a large field at the farm (You may come a few days early and leave late). We will provide a central water source and port-a-potties. There are plenty of restaurants, stores, gas and auto parts just minutes from the farm. Also, if you have 4X4 parts for sale or trade, please bring them along for a parts tag sale. T-Shirts and hat will also be available (free shirt if registered by May 1st, 2012 per vehicle). All 4X4 vehicles are welcome to attend, please note that parts of this trail ride are on town roads. Vehicles should be registered and insured, if you have a trail only vehicle it must be towed to the start point. (approximately 3 miles)

About us:
The host are
Ed Mathurin and I live in Belchertown Mass. I have owned a 1962 Unimog 404 for the past 6 years. I have always been an avid 4-wheeler and love to drive and camp in my Mog. I just happen to live in an area that has great trails for easy driving or full OUT 4X4 FUN . Over the past few years I have met some Great people associated with Unimogs, many in the local area. I have read about "Mog Fest" and other events in the western part of the country that I am unable to attend. If you think this may be something you would like to take part in please join us May 19.

The owners of Domnarski Farm are Matt and Lisa Domnarski. They are good friends of mine and are gracious enough to host this event. This year Matt bought a Unimog 404. They have hosted several large events in the past, i.e. mountain bike races and of course trail rides for the horse farm.
Point of contact:

Registration fee is $20.00 per vehicle & $10 per additional person. (**Note this is not refundable, must have a confirmed head count for planning purposes no later than Noon 05-16-12 **) This fee confirms your spot for the ride, camping over night and Pig Roast/PotLuck dinner on Saturday. Camping is available for early arrival on Friday night as well. Please remember to bring your lawn chairs for the Bon fire. An additional trail ride on Sunday is possible if there is enough interest.

To register go direct to BikeReg.com and search events for: 3rd Annual Mass Mog trail ride. Hope to see you there! Regards Ed Mathurin

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
mopar
United States of America

Re: 3rd Annual Mass MOG Trail Ride in Palmer Massachusetts.

Post by mopar »

Well I'm going tomorrow I'll try to post some pics and videos of the event.

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1987 718M Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1987 718M Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Nice!

What happened to the 710 that required winching? Didn't look stuck.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Lack of traction. That part was a muddy hill on to semi steep rock surface on the top of a waterfall and his tires weren't the greatest and his first time off roading so that combo just had him going sideways.

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1987 718M Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
Stekay
United States of America

Post by Stekay »

That was ME and my Geolanders A/T's are what came with the truck. They only have about an eighth inch of tread left (they're slicks basically) I made it to the top of the mud hill but couldn't crest it. Mopar's Volvo is really awesome on Maxxis Crawlers. It was my 1st ever time off-road and was definitely intimidating and awesome. GREAT people, and a great day. Thanks to Matt & Ed and everyone for their conversation coaching and camaraderie with a special mention to Ralph Lomando and his son Matt for taking me under his wing (co-pilot). -Steve
'76 710K
mopar
United States of America

Post by mopar »

Stekay wrote:It was my 1st ever time off-road and was definitely intimidating and awesome.
Steve Glad you could make it did you see the event from my posting or had you known about it already? You did great as this years run started out with the toughest stuff we've done and you kept up pretty good. I like your 710K nice clean rig in good shape an it was running good. As for your tires I do the same thing run what came with the truck unfortunately yours were just a bit more worn. I know every time I buy a vehicle I don't have much left for a tire purchase but I lucked out with the new tires on there they perform well off road though I don't think they have the best street manners.

This event is alway alot of fun and a good bunch of people Ralph and his son are great to talk with and if you ever need some metric fastners he's a good source locally.

http://www.belmetric.com/

And Matt and Ed are good people who just want to go out and enjoy some wheeling with like minded folk.

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1987 718M Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
Stekay
United States of America

Post by Stekay »

I knew from your posting here, and e-mailed Ed about details. Thanks for the great pics!
'76 710K