Warren, Idaho

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
McCall Pinz
Switzerland

Warren, Idaho

Post by McCall Pinz »

My younger son and I explored the area around Warren, Idaho over the weekend. Warren and Secesh are some of the most remote communities in the lower 48 states. The area has a lot of mining history. Gold was found in 1860 and it became a destination for ex-confederate soldiers after the Civil War. Supposedly the name of Secesh comes from Secession and that's how the miners greeted each other. The area also had a lot of Chinese immigrants who worked in the mines and dredges. People still find artifacts in the dispersed homesites. Ah Sam, the mayor, and Polly Beamis, a chinese bride, are pretty famous in local history even now. The old dredge is the size of a riverboat and I still can't imagine getting it all the way into the area with only horses and wagons. It was a good drive, not much of a test of the Pinz's technical abilities, but still fun getting into the old dredge ponds, historical areas, and old mining roads.

I hope you enjoy the pictures-
https://picasaweb.google.com/1159651207 ... directlink
Attachments
IMG_2995 small.jpg
IMG_2995 small.jpg (45.4 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
eat, sleep, Pinzgauer
Stekay
United States of America

Re: Warren, Idaho

Post by Stekay »

Very COOL! Reminds me of my place in the Adirondack's. I ordered a prop for my boat and had it shipped overnight... It arrived five days later. The UPS guy explained that he does't come up that way except once a week if necessary.
'76 710K