Trailfest 2013

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
berger
Canada

Re: Trailfest 2013

Post by berger »

stiffler4444 wrote:Ok, so last night I am explaining to my wife how I'd like to go and too bad the Pinz is broke...on and on......and she says "well get it fixed and we'll go"......

Guess I might be registering after all. What the hell, if I don't get things sorted out it's only a $25 loss... :D

AWESOME!!!

Potentially three Pinzgauers (or one Hafi :D ) would be awesome! There may still be a room left at the Three Islands Motel. Give them a shout and see.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
Mead
Canada

Post by Mead »

It's almost becoming a Pinzgauer take over! :D Hope you get it all fixed up.
Josh
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
'82 - 712AMB/M
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

If stiffler4444 can make it - would be 3 Pinz and 1 Hafi no?
712AMB/M - Mead
710M - berger
710M - stiffler4444
Pathfinder Haflinger - Me
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

TechMOGogy wrote:If stiffler4444 can make it - would be 3 Pinz and 1 Hafi no?
712AMB/M - Mead
710M - berger
710M - stiffler4444
Pathfinder Haflinger - Me
Sorry, I meant 4 Pinzgauers and one Hafi....if you get your "new" truck in time of course.... :mrgreen:
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

I'm running out of time with my clutch issue
Need to make a plan B
Who has room for me to ride along just in case?
Thanks,
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

You still have 8 days! :D

Since you paid, it won't be an issue to come along. I got room in the back....with seat belts if you wanted to jump in with me.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
berger
Canada

Post by berger »

Well, I figured I would get it over with and report on our offroad adventure! :mrgreen:

Trailfest was a great time, thanks to the organizers and volunteers. All of the trails, of which there were many, were on private land and only accessible during this event. Mead and I met up on Friday to register and be "assessed", and TechMOGogy arrived Saturday morning. He was going to ride in the back of my truck.

We choose a medium level run Saturday, but because of the heavy rain Friday night, it turned even the experienced guides for a loop at times. We both made it through the trail, but I won't say unscathed. Both Mead and I hit a few trees..and rock walls :mrgreen: , leaving bumper scars and dents. I even tore the rear panel, the one that holds the taillights, partly of the bumper! Nothing that cannot be fixed.

The main attraction of the run, thanks to moi, came almost near the start point...but I will get to that. 8)

Due to the greasy mud, all but one of us, a trail guide, had to be winched up this first obstacle. The picture doesn't do the greasy mud or incline justice. It was much easier the next day after it dried out....we were told. :D

Now, there were two lines going up this face...and while we went the "easier" way up, it left us in a much more difficult place as far as getting down, IMHO. The off-camber crevasse made it VERY tough and I turned my DS wheel off to soon. I think if I had gone up the other side, going down would have kept me flat...but I igress... :mrgreen:

Pucker moment for sure....

Anyway, on with the trail:

I think all but Mead's truck needed a tow strap to get up the greasy rock face.

There were a fair amount of these flat, but steep, granite rock climbs.

The moss you see here provided some much needed cushion for some of us.... :lol:

While my wife is more content to jump out of the truck and snap pics, we had a great time and I didn't scare her off completely :wink: . It was great Wheel'in with Mead, and TechMOGogy can ride with me anytime! We have to do it again soon!
Last edited by berger on Mon May 02, 2016 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ottawa, Canada
1974 710M
2007 2WD Ural Patrol
stiffler4444
Canada

Post by stiffler4444 »

Great pics! While you had some Holy Sh :shock: moments, looks like it was a great time. Sorry I couldn't be there. Next year you can show me the spots to avoid..... :P
1972 710m
Mead
Canada

Post by Mead »

Definitely an awesome weekend!! Fantastic weather, amazing people and great trails; what more could you ask for?
Berger your wife must come to more of these also as our official photographer - truly great pics!
Josh
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
'82 - 712AMB/M