West coast fab tour 2014

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
compunerdy
United States of America

Re: West coast fab tour 2014

Post by compunerdy »

I see now.. I am surprised the trans for the diesel was designed to also mate with the gas.

Anyways.. back to Andre..
Tim
1975 710K
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

So, Andre', has Ed broke out the good scotch yet? :twisted:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

So, Andre', has Ed broke out the good scotch yet?
Jim,
You told me his religious beliefs forbade any scotch, and to keep
that bottle for you!?
Does that apply to the cigars too?

:D
Hey, if the transmissions are interchangeable, I want a diesel automatic on mine!
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

Planning a get-together up here in Mount Vernon/Big Lake area on Saturday March 8th - Andre will do doing some fabrication on my french 4x4 "mule". Plenty of room for lots of trucks and a nice 2.5 mile gravel road up through the woods with a great view at the top. Bring something to BBQ, i'll have some local beer on hand for anyone interested.

Address is: 19376 West Big Lake Blvd, Mount Vernon WA (just off Hwy 9 / 10 minutes from I-5)

Phone: 360 202 4239

Don't need to RSVP - just show up if you can.
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

The Meet and greet was great. I got some work done on Ed's truck and Made the run to my brothers house in Anacortes. Were planning on a camping trip Friday night and am enjoying the visit. The sunshine was also a welcomed event.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Our fun has come to an end in the great pacific north-west. We got all our work done (and some we did not expect to do) and left Washington state yesterday afternoon. After all that hard work, we decided to slow it down and take the coast down to expedition imports. (yes we know it will add a day to the trip) So far its been fun driving through the little towns and watching the bad weather roll in. We planned on burning a night in the red woods. We are getting a lot of inquires on the truck as we drive it with a for sale sign, maby we will get lucky as the pinzgaur has been running strong the whole trip (much props to ricks SSI). Let me know if there is anything i should not miss on the 101 south.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Big Sur.

How far down are you coming?
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

I made it down to EI and will roll out sometime tomorrow after doing business and some truck maintenance checks. I was going to hit the Interstate the rest of the way home. I will be picking up a truck in Manhattan Beach for some work. Ready to get the rust handled on the Puch wagon?
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

You can pick up those rack pieces and take a look at that rust issue to see if you think it can be fixed without lifting the body. Im ready to do it if its possible.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Im back at Goatwerks and am running up the hill to Idylwild to take care of a customer today. Tomorrow I will be heading to LA to pick up a truck.

This is an open call to anyone that wants anything fabbed and delivered anywhere between here and E Tx. If I don't hear from you prior to leaving the area, I may drive by without batting an eye on my way home. This is a great way to save on shipping, esp. if its a larger item like a roof rack or bumper.

Vince, Ill call you when I get out to the valley.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

I can't thank Andre, Anthony and Jim L. enough for the quick supplies, new EFI map, and unexpected rebuild of the fuel system in
addition to the transfer case swap and rear rust control on my truck over the past couple of weeks.
It literally drives like a car now. Don't know if its the 710 transfer case, but
the sound levels are way down and the 2.7l acceleration and power is back.
It's been too wet to have it into 5th gear, but did the highway
at 50mph in 4th easily.

When the rain stops, I'll post some pictures of the forward facing rear seats Andre came up with.
They don't require the removal of the original troop seats, and are easily positioned and removed. EI's rear seat belts still work well with these.
Rode around in them yesterday, very stable and way more comfortable than the troop seats, or even the front sprinter seats!
Using the ammo box as an arm rest is functional and ergonomic. I can now have a conversation with the rear passengers while I drive- without
the airplane headsets. If anyone want's forward facing rear seats, I recommend these highly.

Andre, have you noticed that natural disasters seem to follow you lately? The mud slide in Arlington last week, and now
an earthquake in So. Cal. You may want to warn folks who lie in your path home! :)
Pinz710m2

Post by Pinz710m2 »

I'm waiting for the east coast tour. I love some of the stuff Andre makes.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

totaljoint wrote:I can't thank Andre, Anthony and Jim L. enough for the quick supplies, new EFI map, and unexpected rebuild of the fuel system in
addition to the transfer case swap and rear rust control on my truck over the past couple of weeks.
It literally drives like a car now. Don't know if its the 710 transfer case, but
the sound levels are way down and the 2.7l acceleration and power is back.
It's been too wet to have it into 5th gear, but did the highway
at 50mph in 4th easily.

When the rain stops, I'll post some pictures of the forward facing rear seats Andre came up with.
They don't require the removal of the original troop seats, and are easily positioned and removed. EI's rear seat belts still work well with these.
Rode around in them yesterday, very stable and way more comfortable than the troop seats, or even the front sprinter seats!
Using the ammo box as an arm rest is functional and ergonomic. I can now have a conversation with the rear passengers while I drive- without
the airplane headsets. If anyone want's forward facing rear seats, I recommend these highly.

Andre, have you noticed that natural disasters seem to follow you lately? The mud slide in Arlington last week, and now
an earthquake in So. Cal. You may want to warn folks who lie in your path home! :)
I am very interested in seeing what and how the final design turned out on the rear seats!!
Need more info on the new EFI maps as well - was that due to the new transfer case addition?
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
totaljoint

Post by totaljoint »

I am very interested in seeing what and how the final design turned out on the rear seats!!
Need more info on the new EFI maps as well - was that due to the new transfer case addition?
New EFI maps were for cold start-up in colder climates, (Jim, correct me if I'm wrong).

Transfer case makes better use of the 2.7l power for highway driving (don't do much crawling
with mine, and there are only few approved places to do that in western Washington compared with the south west).

Biggest problem was contaminated fuel with metal dust and shavings which required complete tank and line flush and replacement of pump, filters, regulator, even injectors. I was only using ethanol free gas since the truck sits unused for a few weeks at a time, wanted to cut down on the hydrophilic effect of ethanol. Only one place has it here and must have had a bad batch of gas. Very fine metallic powder, and literally tablespoon fulls of it.

Had to drop the tank, used a fiber optic inspection camera with magnetic tip and fuel line attached to find and flush that dust out. Ask Andre how much fun he had that day! The particles were small enough to make it through two filters, ruin the pump and lodge in the injectors. Luckily I have a stainless extended range tank (non magnetic) and the crap was magnetic.

Hopefully pictures of the seats soon, but you would be amazed what Andre can fabricate with his mobile set up, and in a wet barn in the middle of a mud bog. no less! I have to wait till the rain stops so I can get some photos that do his job credit.
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Hey Ed, Jim Mettler Left for a trip to Seattle Saturday, I will text you his phone #, He has the 712WB with 2.7 and Sequential inj.
Could make for a meet and greet :idea:
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."