A car show for my Pinzgauer

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
David Dunn
United States of America

A car show for my Pinzgauer

Post by David Dunn »

Well, I think I found a car show I want to take the GG to. :mrgreen:

http://www.queens-english.org/
It ough to have someone cry Foul ! :lol:

The last time I was at Woodley, I took the Vampire... and it won best SUV :roll:

Then there is this one I've wanted to attend:
CCBCC Car Show, Channel Islands Harbor, Oxnard CA July 20, 2014
details TBA
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
edzz
United States of America

Re: A car show for my Pinzgauer

Post by edzz »

Love it.

They put the chain out yank it. :mrgreen:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Anyone interested or local, I’ll be taking the GG to the British car show this Sunday, the 27th, at Woodley Park in Van Vuys. Info at the link above.

Fridge, already installed :mrgreen:

David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

A few pics of GG at the British show yesterday. As expected, most everyone that had heard of a Pinzgauer wanted to know why in was a British show since they claimed were Austrian, German or Swiss made. :roll:

The truck was well received, but I did have one wacked out Hollywood type ( in the background) tell me he was coming back in 10 years with a bottle of quarters to buy the truck. :lol:
I had display posters made from select pages from the Pinzgauer XM brochure.

A late S2A 109 parked along side at the end of the show for some pics.

Though I thought the Pinz should have been parked with the Rovers, the organizers put me as far away from them as possible. :?
Before this pic, there were several rows of Sunbeams, Triumphs, Austins and MGs betweens us… maybe they were afraid of jealously from the Rover owners. :mrgreen:

And if the show wasn't good enough, I was fortunate to leave the show and get on the freeway along side a M1078 with a armor kit that we traveled a 1/4 mile until we took different highway junctions. :D

TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Nice!!
You should have driven your Pinz over Jay Leno's new car :shock:
How does the GG drive on the roads and at higher speeds?
Dan

ps - I already started my jar of Loonies and Toonies eh! but I guess they will only be worth a US quarter in 10 years so Vince has me :mrgreen:
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Thanks, Dan
It’s been over 2 years since I sold the Pink Cow and 12 since the 710M and 712M and comparisons are difficult to be made over a big gap in time, and take some time to recall. :? Especially having been driving a JKU w/ a 3.6L for 2 1/2 years.
I’m starting an update for my thread in the TD section, I am about finish sorting out the issues time and inactivity has played on GG.
I’ll always take a TD over a gasser, they’re a lot road friendlier. And I like 716s a bit more than 718 ( don’t get in a rush to send your jar of quarters :D ). The stock drivetrain is the same between the 716 and 718, the only difference is the extra axle and body weight.
The Pink Cow was the quietest of them all, but was originally built as a commercial vehicle and not military and had quite a bit of insulation everywhere, the 718K has no additional insulation below the waistline, and there is a lot of noise from the rear interior, at 60+mph.( like most military vehicles with hardtops, you’re inside a drum).

At this time, I’ll say that the truck handled nicely on the 66 mile round trip to the show and back with speeds from 60 to 75, using the #1 lane ( you know where the traffic on the left is coming towards you :D ) to the #4 lane ( where the next lane over is passing you, I wasn’t there too often :mrgreen: ).