rug road 2015

Postings/pictures/video about off-road fun in Real 4x4's. (European-centric 4x4's)
4x4Pinz
United States of America

rug road 2015

Post by 4x4Pinz »

a few of us from the SWPA took friday off and went out for a long weekend with the pinzies and guest toyota. We have done the Rug Road in the past with mixed results. This was another one of those. The rain prevented us from completing the trail but not from having a good time. This road has a section called "carpet hill" which was named for the carpet layed on it years ago so travelers could get enough traction in bad weather to make the climb. Well the carpet had rotted away to nothing more then small remnants in a few places. With the rain we had this past weekend the trail was super slick and unsafe to pass so we chose the safer route and turned back to the way we came in.
Pics available on our facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/groups/swpinzgauer/

Great time in some of the most beautiful parts of AZ.
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Re: rug road 2015

Post by EmbarkChief »

Wow, that looks really pretty. Wish we had some of that near me.
-1972 710M
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

It is near you, Texas is not that far from eastern AZ.
Funny because when I went to Big Bend with some of the Texas guys I thought the same thing about the terrain. Going from desert to mountain and seeing deer right at the restaurant was neat, not to mention seeing hundreds of deer along the freeway just getting there.
EmbarkChief
United States of America

Post by EmbarkChief »

West Texas isn't that far ;-). However I'm in East Texas, it's 780 miles from my house just to El Paso.
-1972 710M
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

1200 miles for a weekend does seem a bit much. If you were to tie a trip into something, like say the Overland Expo in May then the trip might worth the miles.