Just received my Haffy!

Mechanical issues? Check here.

Moderator: TechMOGogy

SDPintheLBC

Just received my Haffy!

Post by SDPintheLBC »

Hello group -

I just received my Haffy and have a few questions. I just can't wait for my manuals.

Is it normal to have a "hard" brake pedal with very little travel and poor braking?

It is a 1967 and I'm disappointed that it has a Weber instead of a Zenith 2bbl. Is this correct? Or do I have an older engine.

Is it normal to take 5+ seconds to start? Warm or cold with fully charged optima.

Gen light comes on at idle. Is this normal?

Idle speed is variable - Hot or cold.

Thanks to anybody that can help!
Mark

'72 S.A. 710M
'67 S.A. Haffy
'73 S.A. Condor
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

If you want to bring it out I will gladly get you familliar with everything and look it over.
I will be repairing my transaxle most of the weekend, so I will be home.
Feel free to call.
Phone number is listed on my website, just click on the link at the bottom of the post.
You may need brake lines, but I would have to test the brakes to verify any malfunctions.
Yes, the charge lite will come on at Idle.
I hope to have mine back together and registered by the end of next week, I have a freshly rebuilt engine to put in after the trans is fixed :twisted:
As far as the carb, I have only seen the Zenith in the NA700AP models(Bug eye version after 1969).
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
SDPintheLBC

Post by SDPintheLBC »

Thanks Jim, I'll be giving you a call!
Mark

'72 S.A. 710M
'67 S.A. Haffy
'73 S.A. Condor
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

Congratulations on your new Haflinger!!

Having two Haflingers myself, I can wholeheartedly endorse Jim LaGuardia regarding just about anything related to my Haflingers. I felt that both of my Haflingers had brakes to begin with as you describe them, and after having them serviced, there was tremendous improvement. He also has a connection for a custom stainless exhaust that I had done on both of mine. Currently he is working on his own Haffy with some interesting upgrades, so I'm sure there will be much more to talk about on this forum when he sees the final result.

Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
SDPintheLBC

Post by SDPintheLBC »

Greg -

Sounds good - I can't wait!!
Mark

'72 S.A. 710M
'67 S.A. Haffy
'73 S.A. Condor