6x6 Haffie??

Mechanical issues? Check here.

Moderator: TechMOGogy

todds112

6x6 Haffie??

Post by todds112 »

Be cool to have a "mini-me". Anyone know the story on this rig?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STEYR-DA ... dZViewItem
1973 712M
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

I submitted a question to the seller, asking if there is documentation to support the claim of"only one out of factory" as there are several 6x6 Haflingers in Indonesia.
Lets see if they answer, also asked who owned it as I only know of 1 in the US and it was in Georgia.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
todds112

Post by todds112 »

Jim LaGuardia wrote:I submitted a question to the seller, asking if there is documentation to support the claim of"only one out of factory" as there are several 6x6 Haflingers in Indonesia.
Lets see if they answer, also asked who owned it as I only know of 1 in the US and it was in Georgia.
I thought I even saw some pics one time of 8x8 haffie's. Be interesting to see some good close up pics and drive-train pics.
1973 712M
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

The 8*8 is out of Georgia to Isn't It? The 6*6 Looks Pretty cool.
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

A while back there was someone trying to sell a Pinz712 set up as a camper here in the US when in fact it was being auctioned by someone in Europe, they got wind of the US ebay auction and got it cancelled. So do your research as the listing looked legit to me till I saw the real listing on ebay.de

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

It is interesting following this ebay auction. Admittedly this is a unique and very collectable vehicle, but as the price has now risen past $30K without reaching reserve, I am curious what it will ultimately go for. Hopefully the buyer will be somebody who will keep it stock and take good care of it.
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Well it did not reach reserve at $30,101
I think this is Herbert Croix's truck, but believe his son may be handling the sale. He told me it would be on Ebay soon .
The seller is also offerling a TD transmission with the outragious and incorrect claim that they are the " the only person in the US that has experience and time working on all Pinzgauer gas and diesel (beside my father)". Read the ad carefully, they state they need your trans in exchange, all you need to convert the TD trans is the mount plate(PTO cover) and the rubber gromet on top of the shifter housing as well as the bell housing, the rest is fairly easy and just a matter of tech know how.
Someone has a big head :!: :lol: :lol:
So I say "CAVIAT EMPTOR" when dealing with this person.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
pinztrek
Barbados

Post by pinztrek »

Jim wrote:

> I think this is Herbert Croix's truck, but believe his son may
> be handling the sale.

I pretty sure you are right.

It was Herbert's a couple of weeks ago for sure, and it's a beauty.

While I did not inspect it to buy, I did crawl over and under it because I was intrigued and it was so nice.

I had assumed it was one of his creations, which are neat and well-engineered in their own right, but he explained it was totally factory and told me the story behind it.

I'll not repeat the story here, but if someone is serious about the truck I feel sure Herbert would be happy to provide specifics.

I was initially drawn to the canvas from across the shop, wanting to know where he had it done. But even that is factory! Likewise, it's not a hacked up 4x4 G-job, the tub is purpose designed, etc.

I wish I had the money, as if there was ever a Haffie to have (or worth 30k), this would be it. :-)

Don't mean to sound like a shill, but I was surprised to see the truck on ebay and recognized it and the location.

Have fun!

Alan