Date of Manufacture Enquiry

Mechanical issues? Check here.

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Doug Lennox

Date of Manufacture Enquiry

Post by Doug Lennox »

Hi folks,

I've been a member for a couple of months now and find this site very informative. I recently acquired a Haflinger 700APT here in Australia. My problem is the last owner who was rebuilding this vehicle has cut out the section of the floor pan and lost :cry: the nomenclature plate that has the Engine number, Chassis number VIN, Model and Date etc.

I would like to know the year model for registration purposes. The Engine number is 5362991 and the Chassis number is 5361250. The engine has the Zenith 32 NDIX Carburetor and the vehicle is fitted with the Centrifugal Type Air Cleaner mounted on the front of the vehicle. I believe that it is either a 66 or 67 vintage going by what the last owner told me.

Any help will be grateful. :D
Doug

A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work!

67 Haf
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Is it a bug eye, or conventional front end? My 72 N.A.700AP Bug eye type is 53121XX, so yours must be one of the last 1973/74 models.
If you have a picture it would help.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

Send me a PM Doug, of the previous/original owners name, and I "may" have some info on the vehicle.
Barry Jones, the importer of Haflingers (and Pinzgauers) into Aus gave me some info on owners (and their vehicles) etc when he sold up!
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
Doug Lennox

Post by Doug Lennox »

Jim,

The vehicle has the conventional front end.

When I purchased the Haf it was in sub assemblies and have since been taken apart completely. I was not able to get any photo's of it before it became a scene from "Transformers".

I got carried away before thinking about photo's. I don't even know if I have all the pieces to put it back together. I guess I'll find out as I go.

Thanks for the input.
Doug

A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work!

67 Haf
mattc

Post by mattc »

Hi Peter,

I'll send a PM too with the name off NSW rego papers from 1989 - that owner has receipts for spare parts bought off Haflinger Pinzgauer Enterprises dating back to 1984....if they are the original owners and you have any details on year of manufacture or sale that would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
MattC