My Little Project

Mechanical issues? Check here.

Moderator: TechMOGogy

DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

So i got a bit motavate over the xmas breaks and decided to get back into the little beast,

So loaded up the box es of bits and hit the workshop,

Got all the rear swing arms stripped down,

And some bits after the bead blaster and some paint,

Then started to put it all back into one bit again,

Next project is the gearbox once i get some bearings and other stuff from Dale......

Stay tunned, more to come as i got the motovation again...
Dan says: Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are always guaranteed to always hit the ground!

Go On Get out the and enjoy it!
DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

So Got around to starting to put the gearbos back into one bit today,

Got a little bit done inbtween othe rstuff, will go and finish it tomorrow..

Now just got to put all these bits somewhere....

Slowly gettin there....

DD
Dan says: Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are always guaranteed to always hit the ground!

DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

Well got a little bit motivated in the last couple days, and i'll finish it off in the morning but got it all the gearbox back togeather, so just got to join all the little bits into big bits.

rustywheel2004

Post by rustywheel2004 »

Hi Dan,
Great looking progress on your Haffy. I'm in the midst of a similar restoration on my Haf. My motor, tranny and chassis are now completed. I'm just doing the last of the work on the platform now and hope to have it in for paint very soon.
It's been a real slog but I can at last see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Keep up the good work,
Steve
from "Up Over" (Canada)
milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

Looking good Dan, I did the ZipLock baggie thing too, I think I used about 40 large bags and almost 100 smaller bags. :shock:

What did you use for paint on the silver parts?

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

rustywheel2004 Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:51 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dan,
Great looking progress on your Haffy. I'm in the midst of a similar restoration on my Haf. My motor, tranny and chassis are now completed. I'm just doing the last of the work on the platform now and hope to have it in for paint very soon.
I got a long way to ge yet, have not even looked at the Body yet, Got to try find some new body rubbers somewhere once i find some rubber and bolt the rear end up and engine in i'll call half way point.

milesdzyn Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:47 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking good Dan, I did the ZipLock baggie thing too, I think I used about 40 large bags and almost 100 smaller bags.

What did you use for paint on the silver parts?

Miles
Yea Good thing i get them from work for free as i have used hundreds to keep everything together, As for the paint, everything has been 2pak paint, with the according colour addded. Worth a fortune but will last many years i hope, as i dont think my sanity would handle a second ground up resto anytime soon.

pathfinder700ap
Austria

Post by pathfinder700ap »

Hello Dan,

You are doing a very good job! I am also in progress of completely disassembling my Haflinger chassis. I have finished the engine so far, some pictures are on my website.

May I ask why you are painting all the alloy parts? Don't you like the bare metal?

Regards,
Constantin
DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

pathfinder700ap Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:50 am Post subject:

Hello Dan,

May I ask why you are painting all the alloy parts? Don't you like the bare metal?
I just dont like the way that the alloy gets a stains after a while with just a bare metal, i want it to look smick for a long time to come and 2 pak was the best thing i could find, was originaly just going to put a clear on all the alloy bits, but after i did the front diff case in 2 pak i was sold on the finish.

DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

So i got a little bit more done on the old girl yesterday, so i only had time to put the box on, Heavy little bugger when your trying to hold it up, align it on the main center tube spline, do the bolts up a bit....

Might get motovated in the next couple of days and get around to boltin the main part of the engine back on as well. see how i go.

It's getting there...Little gearbox back on.

HafWit

Post by HafWit »

Dan,
It seems to be coming together quite nicely. Great job!

Cheers,
Greg
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
DangerousDan

Re: My Little Project

Post by DangerousDan »

Well been catching up on a few little things that needed to be sorted out this week, after having a good run at it over the weekend.

Had to order a few small bits that i was missing, so took the opertunity to order some other not so needed bits as well, Got a new Handbreak calbe on the way as well as a new clutch cable. Few other assorted things to finish the bottom of totally,

Got around to making up the new steering rods for her on Tuesday, and i just gotta touch them up with some paint after the trial fit this arvo, make up a couple more locking nuts for them and they will be sweet,

Also got all the second set of Engine cowlings Blasted and painted up, so will fit them to the second Engine over the course of the long weekeend,

And i bit the bullet today and decided to go all out with a full set of Braided Stainless steel Brake hoses, got some tube and a handfull of fittings so will get onto that after i been up home on the weekend to get my flare kit and benders. I'm hoping that this will help improve the brake feel, as well as going to 22mm cylinders all round.

All in all, it's starting to really come togeather now, well thats what i hope.

DD