Mechanical issues? Check here.

Moderator: TechMOGogy

DangerousDan

My Little Project

Post by DangerousDan »

Well thought i might show off some of my restoration so far,

As it came home,

Starting the strip down,

Lots more to come, and heaps of thanks to dave over in scotland. Been a saviour that man.

The little engine before,

And after, well nearly finished.

And what has been done so far, Hours on hours spent in the bead blaster.

Dan says: Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are always guaranteed to always hit the ground!

Go On Get out the and enjoy it!
djb_rh

Post by djb_rh »

Holy smokes! I wouldn't even have thought that thing a worthy parts donor and here you are turning it back into a real gem. Nice work!

--Donnie
chacaocop1

Post by chacaocop1 »

What an awesome job you are doing. Love the fact that you also own a land cruiser, that model is not comercialized in the US.

Please keep postin to see the stage of the body. I am just anxious to see how is going to look after you are done with it.

Thanks for sharing!!
CHACAOCOP
1973 712M
todds112

Post by todds112 »

Awesome! :shock: That will look like a museum piece when you're done!
1973 712M
HafWit

Post by HafWit »

Very impressive work. :shock:
HafWit
a.k.a. Phlyphysher, Greg, & Clamphysician
1967 Swiss Haflinger, 1975 Volvo C303
DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

Yea the Crusier is my other expensive toy, The Haffy took me 8yrs to track one down over here in Australia that was willing to part with it, So once finding one decided it was a no expense spared project, every bearing, seal & Broken part will be replaced, To a As new condition. The only thing that won't be original will be the colour, it will match the crusier ute so they look the part when i take them out for a drive.

I couldn't just let it die in the graveyard anyway. And yea once i got into it i was really supprised how good the parts were, Only needed a bit of work with the old Plastic balls in the bead blaster and straight back to bare metal, Qucik coat of primer and then a coat of 2 pack and thats what i have come up with so far.

Got the gear box apart at the moment so i'll post up about that once i get it back togeather.

Have fun out on the tracks......
Dan says: Cluster bombing from B-52s are very, very accurate. The bombs are always guaranteed to always hit the ground!

milesdzyn

Post by milesdzyn »

I see a visit from ProfPinz in your future.

Very nice job, and please post more as you progress.

Miles
Lots of Pinz pictures here.......
http://picasaweb.google.com/pinzgauer.depository.1

'73 Pinzgauer 712M
Jim LaGuardia
United States of America

Post by Jim LaGuardia »

Nice job so far. I have done a couple rebuilds just as well used :shock: :shock:
It is amazing how serviceable these little beasts can be.
Look at my photobucket for trans rebuild pic's.
Cheers, Jim LaGuardia
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v510/Goatwerks/
"Arch Magus of Machines."
DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

Yea thanks mate, i already been in and had a sneaky peak around in your site. I Have litteraly thousands of photo's so far. And have been busy keepin notes and right up's on it on my other forum.

I nearly bought a Ex Australian Army Mog while lookin for my haf, but ended up keepin to the plan for the haf as it's what i really wanted and only 2 or 3 mths after i turned down a Mog i got the little truck.

The body isn't to bad as it was stored half undercover for the last few years, rebuildin 2 engines one for me and one for the bloke i got mine off, having to make up new valve seat insertsat the moment to suit the heads as the old ones have worn themself loose. Have had all new Liners installed into the barrels as one was to badly damaged and had all new pistons made to the same original spec as one was damaged also.

I hope it comes up half as good as i can imagine it when it's finished.

Cheers guys.
I'll keep you posted as it progresses..

DD

Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

I see a visit from ProfPinz in your future.
Miles: I was up in Cairns about 3 years ago when I picked up my 710-1.6 prototype, but it's not exactly "close" to where I live..... rather it's about 2800 km (1750 miles) north of Melbourne.
Cairns is a beautiful place (Great Barrier Reef, Rainforests etc) but the humidity in Summer damm near melted me! :wink: :roll:

Dan: Looking good!
BTW - When I was up in Cairns (3 years ago) I had dinnner on a couple of nights at a bar/restaurant/surf club in old double storey corrugated iron building with a wonky wooden floor, right on the beach (it was recommended).
It was in amongst all the new-modern buildings and was kind of like a throw back to the 60's.... I can't remember what it was called but it served some of the best seafood meals I have had.
I understand it was going to be demolished but I certainly hope that wasn't true.
Do you know the establishment? :D
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

Profpinz Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:13 pm Post subject:

I understand it was going to be demolished but I certainly hope that wasn't true.
Do you know the establishment?
Yes they did in the end knock it down, after some huge protests, 2 of the local council members got arrested for chaining themself to the gates. But anyway The place was The old Trinity Wharf and the seafood resturant was great went there all the time for the $7.50 all you can eat buffet. Can't remeber the name at this very second, but it will come to me.

Profpinz
Australia

Post by Profpinz »

Yes they did in the end knock it down
Ohh damm.... real shame! :cry: :cry:

Next time I'm up that way I'II have to start a new search to find another great place! :D
Peter

1974, 712 6X6 Pinzgauer
1983, 710-1.6 4X4 Pinzgauer
1997, 718 6X6 Pinzgauer (in pieces)
1971, 700 Haflinger
1974, 703 LWB Haflinger
2001, Range Rover

http://www.ozpinz.com
Doug Lennox

Post by Doug Lennox »

Looks like your spending more time at rebuilding your haf than what I'm spending on mine :oops: . I'm down in the mackay region and should take the time to come and get some pointers. Mine was in much better condition than what your's looks to have been as someone had started to rebuild it prior to me buying it 2 years ago. haven't tried to post any pics yet.

I know how hard it is to find a haf but once you start talking to people they seem to come up with stories of seeing them everywhere. I have leads on a few but the owners do not want to part with them as they have been part of their life for such a long time.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see your future progress on the site. :D
Doug

A bad day fishing is still better than a good day at work!

67 Haf
Jim Molloy
United States of America

Post by Jim Molloy »

Dan,

As others have already noted, "Nice work!" You mention having another forum where you have been documenting your work. If that forum open to the public as well?

Take care.

Jim Molloy
Waldersee Farm
Sheridan, Oregon USA
http://www.northwestmogfest.com
DangerousDan

Post by DangerousDan »

So chasing up so bearings to put the gearbox back togeather at the moment, so i should have some more action in the next few weeks.

My other forum is not open to the public, had too much problems with spamers, but i'll put it up anyway, www.4x4playfnq.com

Doug... Might be down your way in the next few months for work, so we should catch up and say hi.....

DD