Clutch issues today!

Mechanical issues? Check here.

Moderator: TechMOGogy

Garrycol
Australia

Re: Clutch issues today!

Post by Garrycol »

That is great news - hope it all comes together in time.

Garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"
rustywheel2004

Post by rustywheel2004 »

Hi Dan,
The end of each steel tube is supposed to be flared outward to prevent cable chafing. The tubes are joined together by a short length of reinforced rubber hose that fits over each of the flared ends. Also check that the inside of the tubes are clean, free of rust flakes and other debris. A common rust location is where the tube enters the front footwell. The tube often rusts through or cracks at this spot and can quickly fray your cable.
Cheers,
Steve
1971 NA 700AP
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

rustywheel2004 wrote:Hi Dan,
The end of each steel tube is supposed to be flared outward to prevent cable chafing. The tubes are joined together by a short length of reinforced rubber hose that fits over each of the flared ends. Also check that the inside of the tubes are clean, free of rust flakes and other debris. A common rust location is where the tube enters the front footwell. The tube often rusts through or cracks at this spot and can quickly fray your cable.
Cheers,
Steve
I just removed a can of soup amount of dirt and rocks from around the master cylinder and where the clutch cable tube runs!
Opening the side plates all looked fine but upon digging way down in there was a packed in mess.
All clean and ready for some primer (now to finish te engine work I seem to have started :mrgreen: )
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker