Manual for Pinzgauer 718 ?

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
Tank School Pinz
Great Britain

Manual for Pinzgauer 718 ?

Post by Tank School Pinz »

Hello everyone,I am now the proud owner of a 718 K TUM (HD) and just starting to get my brain around it!
I live in South Wales,in the UK.
My first task is to get an owner`s & maintenance manual and start reading! I have searched and searched here and in a few other forums,forgive me if i have missed a link some where,so far have found nothing.
I guess I am after a downloadable version.Has anyone got anything they they can email me,I am happy to pay for it.
The vehicle is in fantastic condition,I know enough about these machines to not use them until I understand them.
For example I don`t yet know how to adjust the rear air suspension.In fact I haven`t even seen the engine yet!!
Here is a photo of her.be great to hear from anyone who can help me with these manuals,thanks in advance.Image
David Dunn
United States of America

Re: Manual for Pinzgauer 718 ?

Post by David Dunn »

Howdy, and welcome to the forum.
First off, your pic didn't come through. And from your description of a 718K with a rear air suspension, I am assuming you bought one of those fire 718K's being auction off several months back. Rear air suspension was not a standard option on a 6x6 but was on all 716. With that said, I did notice the air suspension on those trucks, and an increase on the GVW of 500kg over a standard 718 (TUM) . I could only speculate that is automatic as on the 716's. Have you seen a electric switch and arm on one of the rear swing axles ( to monitor axle level) ? As for manuals, I have a small portion for the late 2.5 TDI and some for the P93 which is a major portion on the the rest of the truck. If you pm me with your email address, I can forward it to a person in the UK that may have it all
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Joeri
Belgium

Post by Joeri »

Becouse of there age theres a big chance they are in the need of a service or rebuild....or replacement :roll:
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Tank School Pinz,
Is this the sister to your Pinz? There were 3 for sale. Depending on your plans for your truck, you could remove the air suspension
https://www.fireappliances.com/index.ph ... -appliance

Tank School Pinz
Great Britain

That link didn't work, but I presume it was a fire truck? Did I read somewhere that the regular 718 does not have a rear airbag? Mine has a pneumatic mast which suggests it needs support; hence the airbag. There seems to be a 'valve' on the lhs....like a schrader valve but different, the air bag has "3 bar "printed on it, just need to work out how to get air through this valve'?

Any luck with the manuals?

Is there a turbo intercooler located somewhere near the rad at the front?

is there a tutorial on how to post a photo?
Tank School Pinz
Great Britain

Attachments
IMG-20200726-WA0005.jpg
IMG-20200726-WA0005.jpg (189.97 KiB) Viewed 2339 times
Tank School Pinz
Great Britain

Tank School Pinz wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:59 pm Image
the Tank School Pinz 718
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

Is that R2D2 on the rear part of the roof :shock: :D
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Tank School Pinz
This is the how to post pic link
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11145

The link not working doesn't surprise me, they obviously have sold the last firetruck. And yours looks like a TV relay truck with what appears to be a commercial Clark Mast.I have a 101 Vampire with a 21m military version.

Is there an air compressor mounted under the glove box?( 716s maintain a level rear end this way )With the pneumatic mast I would be surprise of a lack of on-board compressor. Air bags was not the usual for 718, but odd that I've now seen 4 in the last few months. Is the truck 5000 GVW or 5500?
The intercooler is located just behind the radiator cover. Remover the bolts on grille guard braces below the windshield and lift the bottom supports out of the grommets in the bumper. The cover then has 4 fasteners.

I'll be answering your pm next.

Tank School Pinz
Great Britain

submitted a post but its dissapeared! so heres a repeat: This Pinz is an ex EO vehicle, lhd, 5000kg it has a pneumatic clark mast, auto, and crammed with electronics. found the intercooler (with perished lower bushes), perished ball joint boots everywhere, was overheating (115 c) but after topup better? heater now works, nil compressor; just schrader valve for x2 rear bags to 3 bar. Fettle onwards! ....portal hub oil levels next...21m mast phew!
Tank School Pinz
Great Britain

rmel wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:02 pm Is that R2D2 on the rear part of the roof :shock: :D
x2 a/c units and a pneumatic 5m mast plus gps and aerials....no 50 cal yet!!
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Well, congratulations! you own 1 of only 3 718K w 2.5TDI and LHD made by ATL (probably BAE by then ) :mrgreen: And the last LHD factory Pinzgauer made. Mine was the 2nd to last. The 3rd 718K is somewhere in Europe.

Joeri
Belgium

Post by Joeri »

there are 4 now..... Arnolds 718 lhd 2.5tdi build in Graz 8) :mrgreen: