716 documents in Germany

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
gunipinzmutt
Italy

716 documents in Germany

Post by gunipinzmutt »

I bought a 716 in Germany with german documents. It came from Sweden, is registered as light truck with 3 (?!) seats and has no back seats. TUV is expired and has to be renewed. Is there anybody in Germany who is informed about local procedures/bureaucracy and can answer to foll questions?
Can I have it registred as a passenger car with 5 (or 7) seats?
If not, can I have it registered as light truck with 5 seats?
Can anybody suggest a workshop in Germany able to get this conversion and to make the car pass the TUV (it needs minor repairs)?
Thanks a lot for any help.
Gunipinzmutt
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

Awesome - another TD owner in Italy !!!!
Didn't you notice my several TD related messages?
I just sent you my e-mail address, drop me a line if you like.

Cheers,

Ugo
Torino
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

gunipinzmutt Hi,

I sent you a PM this morning :)
Anthony
GB
gunipinzmutt
Italy

Post by gunipinzmutt »

Ugo, we know each other since we exchanged messages in an other italian forum few months ago. I'm following your paths since I started with gasoline pinzies to finish with a TD. Is your 716 registered in Italy as car or truck? How many seats? I live in Veneto region.
Anhony, I understand you are looking for a 718, the only ones I've seen for sale were on ebay, one was an high roofed quite expensive (abt 30.000 euro) in Germany, the other was an ex army ambulance in Austria, good price (9.900 euro) but with broken engine: I contacted the seller but was already gone.
Ciao
gunipinzmutt
Anthony

Post by Anthony »

gunipinzmutt Hi,

Thank you for informing me about the various 718's that you have seen :) , it is the 718K that is the 5 door variant with hard roof and body. Not often seen advertised and when they are blink and they have gone :( :x
Anthony
GB
gunipinzmutt
Italy

Post by gunipinzmutt »

I think it was a special version coming from UK army with 3 doors (2 front and 1 back) with very high roof. Actually it was advertised for a long period; maybe it is still in some other place. Try a web search (pinzgauer 718 gebraucht or similar).
Ciao
gunipinzmutt
Ugo

Post by Ugo »

gunipinzmutt wrote:Ugo, we know each other since we exchanged messages in an other italian forum few months ago. I'm following your paths since I started with gasoline pinzies to finish with a TD. Is your 716 registered in Italy as car or truck? How many seats?
Hi , I sent you TWO personal message on this forum mailbox but got no reactions from your side.
I own my 716K since last May and now have some experience, both on paperwork and on mechanical / electrical issues. I feel I can be of help for you ... you're free to decide.

Cheers,
Ugo