Pinzgauer Quiz

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
fesm_ndt

Pinzgauer Quiz

Post by fesm_ndt »

Ok I seen some model type arguments on the gasser fourm ages ago. I got handed a old TD brochure today, one I have never seen before and the following TD's are mentioned, which I post to test your TD knowledge (and I didnt know :lol: ):

716 K, M, MK, MS, T

718 MK, T, T Weapons Carrier
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

Seen most those designations before, and easily explainable. :D
I must assume the M , K and T are used in the normal context ( M , 3 door softtop; K, 5 door hardtop; T' stripped flatbed) . After that, the MK is a 3 door platform with hardtop fitted.

The MS eludes me, as it would be a 3 door platform with "S" for "Spezial" which translate to 'special purpose' or 'purpose-built' as my guess.
There were 716 K(urz) ( short). For a series of 716 with shorten wheelbase assault vehicles . There has been several videos bouncing around the web in the past. These also may be the MS's, as the K(urz) would be totally confusing with K for hardtop. :roll:

T weapon carrier ( or weapon platform) is a removeable body (platform) fitted to a flatbed ( T )
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
fesm_ndt

Post by fesm_ndt »

In this brochure it has 716 MK/MS Cargo or personell carrier with closed body.

From the pictures I am guessing one is an ambulance and the other is a hardtop M

T in this book refers to Carrier model, just like a pickup with a Cab and then got the weapon carriers with and without stabilizer legs.

Some different pictures, well ones I never seen before:

- an early P90 with the side canvas gaiter thing bolted on just behind the door. Which means the Air intake grille is screwed in through the canvas
- also a piccy of a high canvas roof on the back
- and weapons carriers with rockets, missiles and my personal traffic favourite 20mm cannon

I need to scan it before saturday. Appears to be the original marketing material given the Malaysian government as has Steyr-DRB on the pages.
Regards

Mike
(Project Gimpy 2)