Delta Wheels and Runflats Headed to Scrapper......

Mods, resto projects, library resources and anything else diesel related.
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Delta Wheels and Runflats Headed to Scrapper......

Post by ExpeditionImports »

Hi Guys,

If any of you are looking for the Delta Force 718 Pinzgauer wheels and runflats drop me a line. I've got 16-18 headed for scrap. No tires, but wheels, lugs, runflats, etc. Shipping will be a killer, but you can't beat the price......

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
mopar
United States of America

Re: Delta Wheels and Runflats Headed to Scrapper......

Post by mopar »

Scott
Thanks For the Lugbolts. Gt here quick and I was able to to make our little New England Mogfest we had on Saturday!

1974 712M AKA the Banana
1974 710M AKA the project truck
1987 718M Now Sold
1975 Volvo TGB1111 Now Sold
1973 Pinzgauer 712M x2 Now Sold
1963 404S Now Sold
NJ718

Post by NJ718 »

I now know why you are scrapping them, I took one to my local tire shop(trucks, tractors, etc) and they beat on it for 30 minutes before giving up. I took it home and cut the tire off as it was trashed anyway. My conclusion is that they must have used a special hydraulic press to mount these tires. The run flats do work well though, they are rated for 50 km at 50 kpm.
Bob
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

For our applications the runflats are not a viable option. On all of the tour trucks we have shifted them out to a nice alloy. The weight savings is huge and the ability to repair and replace at a standard tire shop was needed. It is virtually impossible to balance the military runflats. Not a problem if you are running low speed, but for high speed travel it will tear up the drive train over time. Then you have the aesthetics of them which is hideous.

That being said my scrapper has devised a way to remove the runflat without damaging the tire. Involves his hydraulic backhoe outrigger, logging chain and an 8' bar. I'm sure it's an OSHA nightmare.

My other scrapper is in love with the runflats as it is one HUGE chunk of very dense rubber and they make perfect bumpers for the front of his tug boat!

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."