Stop selling your Pinz so cheap!

All things not relating to the other forums.
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

dokatd wrote:Again, I will ask you:

SHOW ME YOUR EVIDENCE OUTSIDE YOUR LIQUIDATION LOT THAT THE 712 AND EVEN THE 710 IS CURRENTLY VALUED IN YOUR PROPOSED RANGE.

You never cease to amaze me Dennis. Life might be boring without people like you.

Salesman you are not sir.
Sorry I don't need to show evidence! And you need to calm down!

There are quite a few contributers to the forum who have obtained Pinzgauers with my help and guidance
Neither do I mysteriously build "snake oil value" into a 30 odd year old vehicle that was past its best in the hands of the Swiss army when they liquidated it!
Frankly its just bent iron --good bent iron granted but its attractiveness is limited to a few folk that want big boys toys or put it to work.

Actually dokatd its you that amuses me, a grown man getting all up tight about an old truck and trying to sell it to enthusiastic folk for more than it is really worth in today's market conditions.
In the last century quite frankly they called people who did this sort of activity snake oil salesmen.
And that sorry to state appears to be your posture from your posting
Simply put a latter day "Are you snake oil salesman"
Sorry if I am too blunt--its my nature, I tend to relate to things as they really are.
As to my liquidation lots, I crush more Pinzgauers than I sell!
I harvest the parts and sell them at reasonable prices that reflect today's market rates---We cut up another rusty 710K today for bits--worth more in parts!
Besides it make for more room on the trail for Landrovers! :twisted: :lol:
With respect, if that's ok with you!
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

I come with facts you come with more BS. If you want to post on this or any forum, you should be prepared to answer for your posts.

Oh and calm down, if I did I might be dead. You seem to be the one who has a little steam under the collar because I strongly disagree with you and have proof to back myself up. If I was worked up and immature, I would tear into you like Erik, but I have proof and documentation as well as several victims to show the quality of your work.

Damn, that last statement was immature and childish, or did it simply hint at the truth that everyone should know.

Ohh, and I can PISS at least 10-15 ft, how far can you PISS?
lindenengineering

Post by lindenengineering »

Oh you silly childish boy!
I cannot waste my time answering a diatribe like that--Folks like you are what make forums such a joke to read--the floor is yours 'ol mate
Carry on selling overpriced stuff and verbally peeing all over the place like one of my small kids.
Grow up!
Dennis
OOOps no customer bashing now
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

Nice!!!

What fun is a forum without some DRAMA?!?!?!?
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

Dennis on a different note, are you still recommending that all of us with good running, well maintained BN4 heaters send you thousands of dollars for a replacement? :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOOps no Dennis bashing now
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
dokatd
United States of America

Post by dokatd »

edzz wrote:Dennis on a different note, are you still recommending that all of us with good running, well maintained BN4 heaters send you thousands of dollars for a replacement? :P :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

OOOps no Dennis bashing now
Hah seriously? Did this really happen?
Erik712m

Post by Erik712m »

dokatd wrote: If I was worked up and immature, I would tear into you like Erik, but I have proof and documentation as well as several victims to show the quality of your work.

Damn, that last statement was immature and childish, or did it simply hint at the truth that everyone should know.

Ohh, and I can PISS at least 10-15 ft, how far can you PISS?
you're new here so you may not know? But I'm one of the Dennis quaulity control victims or lack there off. With out going into details. Let's just say he's cost money.
justfred

Post by justfred »

Wow, walk away for a minute and it gets mean. I hope y'all will take that offline, I don't really need to hear it.

Back on topic - I've had my Pinz for about twelve years now. Although I can appreciate what an awesome vehicle it is, I've never had adequate garage and maintenance space, and I never have time to get out and use it, so I might as well pass it on to someone who can. But I've had it for sale from $10K on down for quite a while now, and haven't gotten a single serious looker. Every time I drive it to the Home Depot I get people standing around asking questions, but no one has any money. My choice is to let it sit there, or lower the price.

The Haflinger? I sold it for what I bought it for, and probably could have asked more - but I was happy to have it sold two weeks after posting and been able to pay off an ugly credit card bill - and not be so pressured to have to sell the Pinz ASAP.

(And I don't know how far I can piss, I've never felt the need to measure.)
pinzwheeling

Post by pinzwheeling »

What's with the Dennis bashing? I'm not defending or adding anything of value here, but Dennis is right (at least in regards to the value of the Pinzgauers). I'm seeing 710s in the $7-10K range all the time, and I frequently have customers asking me to buy theirs for that price range. 712s usually bring considerably more, but occasionally there are smoking deals out there.

All that being said, much of the value is based on condition, location, etc. 5 years ago, when the economy was on fire, I bought my first 710M for around $15K. I'll bet I couldn't sell it for more than $10-$11K now.

Keep in mind that a really nice clean truck with good mods will sell well above the aforementioned prices. I sold my 712 for over $20K, and it was a bargain. I've also seen beater 710s sell for less than $6K. There's a huge gap in values for some of the trucks based on location. In the SoCal area, Pinzgauers are going to sell for considerably more than they will in the midwest.
Michael

Looking for a deal on a Toyota or used car?
email: rosenblumm@gmail.com
krick3tt

stop selling your pinz so cheap

Post by krick3tt »

If I decide to sell my pinz it is no one's business what I sell it for.

I sold my greatly modified 404 Mog for a lot less than I had into it, my loss. It had no influence on anyone else or their vehicles or prices.

I thought there were gentlemen on this forum, perhaps not. Stop bashing each other, it is not necessary and demeans the forum. Take it to PM's, phone calls or rent a bulletin board on the highway.

Enough is enough.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford