I may have a 4x4 "problem", she says.

All things not relating to the other forums.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

I may have a 4x4 "problem", she says.

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

Ok now hear me out. As a filmmaker I get a lot of ads promoting creative services for productions. Tonight I quickly glanced at an ad that showed up on my computer and thought, "Hmm, that film composer has a late IIA Series Land Rover, that's cool!".

After another look I saw that I was mistaken, but pointed out how similar his desk was to said LR. All I get are eye-rolls and something about me having "a problem... a big problem".

I don't think so... as you can see there's a lot of similarities.
fullsizerender-2_orig.jpg
fullsizerender-2_orig.jpg (77.02 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
4789489971_dbde63173e.jpg
4789489971_dbde63173e.jpg (90.96 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Re: I may have a 4x4 "problem", she says.

Post by GenevaPinz »

If it comes as some kind of comfort, before even reading the text of your post, the first glance I had at the picture was processed by my brain as "Land Rover" as well, and the black and white picture hinted towards an older version...
Then I saw more details, the keyboard and the title with "music" in it, so I realized this has nothing to do with Land Rovers... and the feeling was mild disappointment.

Happy to share your "big problem" that does not need to be fixed. :D
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

At first I thought it might be someone's franken-restoration. Second glance was a Bollinger electric 4x4 in the shop. Then I stopped to read and it appeared. I think you have found a clever optical illusion which like all explained illusions becomes a disappointment. :cry:

It's not a problem. It's a gift for finding the buried LR treasure in a disorganized jumble, aka barn finding. I'll bet she doesn't have a problem with Waldo! :lol:
63rover
Canada

Post by 63rover »

Even my daughter, 22 years old, but also a LR owner, and who helped restore my 63 LR beginning at age 7, saw the photos at two trucks. She did not however need to read the explanation to see the sounds system in the first photo. While this does help to rule out the "problem" as a guy thing (aka sex trait) it does not rule out learned behavior. :roll: (Is it obvious that I was helping her study for a Psych exam?)

Are we overthinking this one?

PS Funny thing that as a retired musician I did not notice the music reference until it was pointed out.