Scammers are getting aggressive

All things not relating to the other forums.
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Scammers are getting aggressive

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

I often have film/camera related stuff listed for sale and have noticed that, lately, the scammers we all know out there are becoming much more aggressive and clever than they used to be just a few years ago. I have had at least 4 seemingly legit replies lately and they don't stop even when you question them to test their knowledge of the item listed. The stuff I deal with is very specific to a small buyer crowd so its easier for me to spot their lack of knowledge about it, but the last few gave it a lot of effort!

One example was a specialized lens I had listed which only fits professional style film/video cameras. I simply asked which camera he was going to use the lens on. He replied with "Oh I have a Canon DSLR it will go on" I said, "Go F.. yourself". In the past, that would be the end of it, but he kept it going, even after I bothered explaining that it would never fit any Canon camera ever made and that his reply proved he was a scammer. He said "Oh I have other cameras". I said,"No, you definitely don't". He acted angry that I didn't trust him. I sent one more really nasty reply and blocked his address.

Anyway, be even more careful out there if you list anything for sale. Make sure to wait for any payments to be fully in your account before moving forward and don't give anyone any benefit of the doubt!
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!