Huh.........Anyone here?

All things not relating to the other forums.
undysworld
Norway

Re: Huh.........Anyone here?

Post by undysworld »

Here's another one. So I searched "Grundy City IA Pinzgauer" and this is what I found:

Knuckledown Productions & Mfg., Custom Fabricators of Pinzgauer ...
Courtesy of LeDoyle Pingel in Grundy City, Iowa. pinzgauer accessories . pinzgauer accessories. Here are some incredible shots of a Pinz 710 M, 1972, ...
I still don't get it...

Oops, I forgot to add the link! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pinzgaue ... 600wt_1162
Last edited by undysworld on Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PinzHound

Post by PinzHound »

I think this is a totally inappropriate format for discussing the racial tension in America. But...
If (some) white men are uncomfortable seeing a black man with a white woman, for black woman it's a real nipple twist. There is a huge double standard at play here. My read is that the Ebay poster is a black woman with, perhaps a legitimate beef with fashion marketing. The point of (his/her?) protest is muddled by mixing it with the autonomous buying and selling on Ebay. Is Ebay accountable for the pictures of its sellers?
texas pinzgauer

Post by texas pinzgauer »

Agreed...someone blowing off steam and not having an otherwise suitable venue in which to do so unfortunately.
Looking for next new (for me) toy
1974 712M - sold
1973 710M - sold

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id ... 3094951494
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Oops, my earlier post didn't include the current ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pinzgaue ... 600wt_1162

Well, I certainly meant no offense toward Knuckledown, as I have no proof that it was their ebay ad. I believe they have been favorably mentioned here before. Perhaps this is the work of someone other than Knuckledown, and they're trying to make them look bad.

It seemed very odd that SAV and Yahoo groups would also be specifically named in the listing. I agree that whatever point of protest is unclear.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

I'd love to hear how this came about. Trying to determine the state of mind when posting an ad like such is taxing my curiosity.
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
edward

Post by edward »

I dont understand the point of the post or the ebay ad. I clicked the link and there was nothing I saw for sale, so I reported it to eBay; the seller should be banned IMO, if they were ranting like what I think I saw. Just my $.02
Seems a waste to work up that credit score or rating on ebay, just to piss it away on a soapbox...which really...who cares?