Craigslist

All things not relating to the other forums.
Garrycol
Australia

Craigslist

Post by Garrycol »

I notice a few people refer to items for sale on Craigslist so I decided to look at using them - I listed a couple of items no issues now my listings are all being deleted.

Obviosuly being new I have done something wrong but other than advice my new/updated lists have been deleted - no reason given. Looked at the FAQs and various reasons given but noting specific. I filled out the Contact Form but the response just referred me back to the FAQs.

So those who are familiar with Craigslist is there a way of actually contacting the Help Dept via email and actually getting a person rather than a bot that just refers you back to the awful FAQs.

Thanks

Garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6
1971 Jaguar Series 3 E-Type Conv
1957 Landrover 88" Station Wagon
1957 Landrover 88"
NEWFISHER

Re: Craigslist

Post by NEWFISHER »

Are you posting ad's on USA Craigslist and living in Australia? Craigslist was created as a local trade classified online newspaper designed for local trade. Yes, some people use it to buy outside thier local city or post in reasonably close cities to them. Ebay and other Global sites have been available to reach a larger audience. My suspisions are that the locals are reporting your ads thinking that you are an out of town or out of Country bot if you are posting in USA cities.
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

Craigslist has a staff of about 50 people (last I heard) so I doubt if you would get a real person...
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

Disc Brake Conversion Kits for 710 and 712 Pinzgauers
www.klugewerks.com
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

NEWFISHER wrote:Are you posting ad's on USA Craigslist and living in Australia?
I'd assume he's using Craigslist Australia. https://geo.craigslist.org/iso/au
It wouldn't really be that practical to post in the U.S., for the same reasons most people here only post locally.
Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

Craigslist is worldwide - not just the US so if they do not have the admin support for a worldwide organisation it is pretty poor form. They do make Ebays customer service look pretty good and we all know they are not the best.

I have googled Craigslist Customer support and it gets bagged all the time as being non existant.

I think I will file away my experience here as bad news and go back to Ebay, Gumtree and other local sites that seem to have their act sorted.

Cheers

Garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
1957 Landrover 88"
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

Well I think the fact that its FREE says something about what level of support you should expect...

I respect that Craigslist hasn't sold out or filled the page with advertisements. They also donate to a lot of charitable causes.
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

www.klugewerks.com
Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

Haf-e wrote:Well I think the fact that its FREE says something about what level of support you should expect....
I guess your right but I really don't know much about them so just trying them out.
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
1957 Landrover 88"
Haf-e
United States of America

Post by Haf-e »

They are a quirky organization - I can see why it is frustrating to many... they do get a lot of scammers and trolls on there - seems like some people just go on it to make trouble or for entertainment in weird ways.
Haf-e

1971 Pinzgauer 710M

www.klugewerks.com
Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

Thanks for those insights - helps explain the issues I was having - I am going to only use Craigslist to look for stuff and list via the other places.

Cheers

garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
1957 Landrover 88"
Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

An older thread of mine but recently started having the same issues after a period of no problems. Have been posting bits for sale locally and was fine. There are similar items for sale and all of a sudden some of my listings are flagged for removal for no apparent reason. They have previously been listed and seem to meet requirements. Looking further into this I see that the public can flag a listing for removal - I have asked Craigslist for advice but you never hear back from them.

All I can assume is that "competitors" are flagging my listings for removal - does Craigslist actually vet these before removing flagged listings or do they just do it?

Thanks

Garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
1957 Landrover 88"
VinceAtReal4x4s
Admin
United States of America

Post by VinceAtReal4x4s »

It could be someone like a competitor flagging them but it takes more than one person to get it removed. If you post several items in the same category it can end up going over the max allowed and will automatically flag the ad. Also make sure you are selling as a dealer or private person and that the ad matches what you choose, otherwise it can look like a dealer trying to sell as a person and that will get it flagged.
"For those who risk, life has a flavor the protected shall never enjoy"

Your donation makes this site possible!

Garrycol
Australia

Post by Garrycol »

Thanks for that - yes double checked the rules about posting frequency etc. I guess I would not have to post here (the main reason this is the only forum I go on that often has links to Craigslist so people know about it) if Craigslist had a decent help system - like a automatically generated message when you have been removed and why.

I guess I have to just accept it is a quirk of Craigslist - when my listings get deleted I create a new account and that normally gives me a few months before the process starts over - hence the time frame from my first post on this and now.

I might consider changing to using Gumtree but there are too many weirdos on there.

Cheers

Garry
1973 Haflinger AP700
1977 Landrover FC 101
1957 Landrover 88"
4x4Pinz
United States of America

Post by 4x4Pinz »

I had trouble when trying to post I multiple areas. Adverts would be deleted with no particular reason. Some times it was the new listings while other times it was the older one.