New to forum and pinzgauers.

All things not relating to the other forums.
aced.pinz@az

New to forum and pinzgauers.

Post by aced.pinz@az »

Hello fellas, my name is Ace (yes its my real name), and as the title reads i am the proud owner of a 1974 710. ive had it for a little over a week and already changed all the fluids, filters and plugs. i am now rediong the door panels as they where in pretty bad shape. I purchased it from a friend who is known for being hard on his trucks and boy does it show. just about every screw on the carbs where loose along with 2 of the plugs barley being screwed in. its a surprise to me that it actually started and drove. i guess thats a testament to how well these machines are built. ill post updates with pics and even more questions, obviously in the right thread.

oh and ill add a little about myself. i am 31 and married for 11 years with 4 kids. 10yr old daughter, a 6 year old boy and my twin girls are 4. born and raised in odessa Texas but have lived in phx area since 2001. i presently live in between dewey and camp verde in the boonies. i am self employed and bow hunt, fish, camp, shoot, play ice hockey and like to build stuff that looks awful but works sometimes and usually only works for me.
pcolette
United States of America

Re: New to forum and pinzgauers.

Post by pcolette »

Welcome to the forum and the Pinzgauer addiction!
Paul C.
_________
'73 Swiss 710M
'89 Puch 230GE
NEWFISHER

Post by NEWFISHER »

Welcome.
Sounds like you chose the right rig for some booney exploring with the family. You are in an area of quite a few Pinz owners.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Welcome to the club :)
If you have not checked out the SWPA here is a link to their site: http://www.swpinzgauer.org/
They are an active group and will be a great resource for you.
Looks like they are having their annual Treffen next month
Date: April 15th-17th (Pending)

Cheers and post up some photos!
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
aced.pinz@az

Post by aced.pinz@az »

thx for the warm welcome guys. i am not a member yet but have talk to a a few guys from sw. really nice guys.

trying to download some pics but it keeps on saying the files are to large.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

aced.pinz@az wrote:thx for the warm welcome guys. i am not a member yet but have talk to a a few guys from sw. really nice guys.

trying to download some pics but it keeps on saying the files are to large.
Site has size restriction on large photos, try:
http://bulkresizephotos.com/
Makes it easy to resize photos and it is fast because you can do 1 or 100 at once and it will save them to a folder on your computer!
Hopefully that helps
Dan
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker