Scott at Expedition Imports

All things not relating to the other forums.
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Scott at Expedition Imports

Post by GadgetPhreak »

I wanted to publicly thank Scott for his help and support throughout my Pinz buying process. I called him about 6mos before actually purchasing and walked him through what I thinking to do for my Search & Rescue build. Scott was supportive and extremely helpful throughout all of my questions. Over the next several months he continued to answer my questions by email and phone. Then after I bought my Pinzgauer he helped me with the paperwork needed to get it registered with the DMV.

At this point I still haven't spent a single dollar with him... I'm stunned and blown away with his level of customer support and passion for these vehicles.

If this is how well he treats customers that haven't done business with him, I can only imagine the quality of care I will get as an actual paying customer.

SCOTT - THANK YOU! from a very grateful new owner.

I'm making my list and will be placing an order ASAP (just waiting for my Pinz to actually arrive at my house so I can make sure my list is complete :wink: . I will definitely be ordering the Power Steering kit, a full set of manuals, and some common replacement parts.

It's always risky buying such a rare and unique vehicle, but Scott makes learning about and owning one a real pleasure. If you are in the market for a Pinzgauer, Unimog, Halflinger, or parts for any of those I HIGHLY RECCOMMEND Scott and the team at Expedition Imports.

I can't wait to make the drive down there at some point and meet him in person.

Ben
King County Search & Rescue | Regional Special Vehicles Unit
1972 710M - Building up for SAR use
Follow my build, learn more, or contact me: http://www.sarpinz.com
PINZDKH
United States of America

Re: Scott at Expedition Imports

Post by PINZDKH »

I hate to break it to you.... :shock: BUT :shock: .... your "list" will NEVER be complete! :lol: LOL... don't get me wrong -- I absolutely love owning a Pinz... but whether its a Pinz or anything else... when its around 40 years old and being used, it will be a constantly UPDATED list... you're gonna love it though.

Cheers!

Keith

1975 Pinz 710M
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Post by GadgetPhreak »

haha, totally true 8) - I just meant my list of items needed to get started and cover the basics.

I've owned a number of similar age FJ40's. Owning a "classic" is in an experience by itself. Of course, that's half the fun of owning one, troubleshooting & fixing/upgrading.

Cheers,
Ben
kdiqq
United States of America

Post by kdiqq »

Let me just add to the Scott bandwagon...

100+ emails, multiple phone calls, and over 6 months of getting a deposit put down, working with the bank, getting the truck from Austria, fighting with the DMV, and getting a handful of last minute parts once I got the truck as well as over-the-phone diagnostics left me very satisfied. I try my hardest to send business his way when I can.

I thought owning a Pinzgauer would be difficult, but places like EI make it very enjoyable with domestic parts and loads of knowledge.
1977 Austrian 710M
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

Hi Guys,

We appreciate the kind words. We do the best we can with our available time. Sometimes we exceed the expectations and sometimes we fall short. It's the nature of the beast....... regardless, we do it because we enjoy what we do.

If you guys are ever in the Bay Area, drop us a line and come meet us in person.

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
GadgetPhreak
United States of America

Post by GadgetPhreak »

Hey Scott,

Are you going to be at NW Mogfest? I've heard that you attended in the past... I was thinking I might go check it out this year.

Ben
ExpeditionImports
United States of America

Post by ExpeditionImports »

We are hoping to get to NWMF, but this year it may be tight......

We have the MVPA Convention August 11-13 here in the Bay Area and we are exhibiting. If we make it to NWMF, it will probably be just a fly in for the weekend, not setting up and bringing vehicles.

We will see.......

Cheers,

Scott
Expedition Imports Corporation
Vallejo, California
www.expedition-imports.com
"You didn't buy a Chevy..." "Hows that Amazon tech support working out...."
Thorinbushmill

Post by Thorinbushmill »

Hi all.

I'd like to make a shout out for Expedition Imports , as well. Scott and Brian were both very helpful while purchasing our 712. They made sure it was in top shape when I picked it up and the drive up to Seattle went without a hitch.

John Stewart
Attachments
IMAG1679_1.jpg
IMAG1679_1.jpg (305.97 KiB) Viewed 4001 times