Toy guns that fit into holders?

All things not relating to the other forums.
audiocontr
United States of America

Toy guns that fit into holders?

Post by audiocontr »

I'd like a couple of toy guns that i can use for parades. Anything easily sourced for cheap?
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
undysworld
Norway

Re: Toy guns that fit into holders?

Post by undysworld »

Just a comment here, and I'll apologize in advance for raining on your planned parade: I'd suggest that everyone who owns an ex-military vehicle would be helping preserve our rights by not appearing with faux guns. It doesn't benefit the public's perception of our vehicles to be seen with guns, and there are plenty of people who already want to take them away or at least keep them off the road.

Here in Wisconsin we had to fight a long bitter fight to maintain normal registration options for ex-military vehicles, even Jeeps, Blazers, Pickups, and Impalas!!!

In Michigan, there is already a movement afoot to outlaw ex-military vehicles unless you can provide sufficient documentation, which is often unavailable. http://g503.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f= ... 04540c7042 That was a Humvee that had been legally registered on-road for over 8 years. I've already been in contact with Rep. Leutheuser's office and provided them with info. You guys should all be working together to get things right. I can give you contact info for guys there.

Bad laws spread like a plague. If one state manages to outlaw our vehicles, others will follow. Nobody needs to be fueling the fire.
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

Its a valid point, and i appreciate your concern.

Now the hunt is on for a colorful squirt gun that fits!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
David Dunn
United States of America

Post by David Dunn »

...I'd suggest that everyone who owns an ex-military vehicle would be helping preserve our rights by not appearing with faux guns....
So Paul, you're saying to appear with real guns... :roll: :lol:

I know, someone's doesn't know my warped humor and I'm going to hell.. again :lol:

But seriously, never have any weapon visible on a MV while on the road, other than in a parade or during an event.

AC, look at at airsoft sites. http://www.airsplat.com/ or http://www.evike.com/
You can find all types of weapons at all prices.
DSCN0728c.jpg
DSCN0728c.jpg (460.17 KiB) Viewed 7045 times
At the above event, a friend there overheard an army recruiter saying to his buddies that "he knew guns and that was a real M2!" So much for experts. :lol:
The Trojan Horse... the 1st Pinz used to covertly carry troops into battle .

ATL Pinzgauer XM 718K TUM(HD) 6x6 FFR (aka The Green Grail)
Jimm391730
United States of America

Post by Jimm391730 »

and I'm going to hell.. again :lol:
Hey, at least you are smoothing the path for the rest of us!

And as much as I like our Second Amendment rights, I'd suggest that any fluorescent tipped squirt guns be used on the crowd but not in the gun racks. It only takes one zealot to complain and that just makes things worse for the rest of us.
Jim M.
712W and 710M
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

David Dunn wrote:So Paul, you're saying to appear with real guns... :roll: :lol:
Ahhh, we just got concealed-carry here recently. Open-carry has been the law of Wisconsin for about forever. :lol: Good one, Dave!

No, I just know what we went through here, so I speak up whenever I see a potential threat where others do not. We're an easy target and slopes get slippery mighty quick.
NEWFISHER

Post by NEWFISHER »

You know you are getting old when:

You read a thread like this and have 100 marks in your tongue from biting it.
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Make some dummy wooden ones and stain them
If people know 100% that they are just wood it helps
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
OhioPinz

Post by OhioPinz »

To address the original question, check into airsoft guns. Cheap, orange tip, otherwise can be very realistic depending upon model.
Last edited by OhioPinz on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
krick3tt

Post by krick3tt »

No longer a Pinzgauer owner but I will chime in anyway...I am with Paul on this issue.

Being that it is already an ex military vehicle, carrying a gun (in the military we were taught to call it a weapon) is a seriously flawed overextension and overly redundant and just asking for some anti gun individual to call for additional laws to restrict our rights.

If you are going hunting carrying one is a necessity but installing even a sudo-weapon on your vehicle is truly not necessary.

How about a super soaker? Enjoy the parade and throw candy to the kids.

edit: To the next poster...Do whatever you want, it's just my opinion...call it BS or whatever you like. It's your life and you have the control, just not the control over what impression you give to others.
Last edited by krick3tt on Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him:
better take a closer look at the American Indian.---Henry Ford
OhioPinz

Post by OhioPinz »

In the context of a parade, that's BS. 1,000s of MVPA members with Jeeps, trucks, tanks, halftracks, have been doing parades with cannons, machine-guns, reenactors carrying any kind of weapon, real and otherwise for 50 plus years. I've been doing it with armor vehicles for 22 years. NEVER a problem. Even in San Francisco, Boston, NYC, Seattle... Check out Steel Soldiers or MVPA sites for photos.
undysworld
Norway

Post by undysworld »

Yup, and here's the Steel Soldiers "Politics Related to the MV Hobby" sub-forum: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdispl ... 47cdf4e5c7 I previously provided a link to the G-503 Legislative Issues sub-forum. Look through either one, and read comments from people whose vehicles have been threatened in one way or another.

From the G-board Aug. 15, 2016, and the OP's home state of Michigan:
Anything new to tell us? Was this just a one time event, or a whole class of vehicles. Thanks
This is the whole class of vehicle. If a vehicle has been titled for years and the owner has documentation to prove it you may be able to keep your road title. Otherwise the State of Michigan will only issue an ORV title.
This is ALL FORMER MILITARY VEHICLES IN MICHIGAN- you MAY be able to keep your truck on the road IF you have the proper historical paperwork. (What if they require a copy of the original SF-97? Do you have it for your truck? I don't.)

Whether it's federal Govt. sales being disrupted, state laws prohibiting some facet of ownership or usage, or municipal or neighborhood restrictions, there have been repeated and widespread attempts to limit ownership and operation of former-military vehicles. I would suggest that NO other segment of collectible old vehicles face this sort of scrutiny. For whatever reason, it's a situation that's unique to the general class of ex-military vehicles.

Not everything you see online is a good idea. Steel Soldiers is a huge site, and if you want to find videos of someone driving a deuce through a backyard pool, you can find it. Doesn't mean that it gives a good impression of a deuce to someone who might already be scared of "big army trucks".

It's also one thing to post such photos on an enthusiasts forum for other like-minded people to see (even if your local DMV also monitors such things), and another to drive down Main St. where every soccer-Mom sees it. Many people already worry that we're not energy-eficient enough, nor safe enough, or not practical enough for modern roads. Now add that it's a foreign truck from some other country's army, that was never built or modified to meet FMVSS...

It's cool enough to be the only guy driving a rare foreign ex-military vehicle in the parade. Don't people look at your truck enough? It's easily enough recognized as ex-military even without guns mounted on it.

Whether you personally have had a problem, or whether it has been a problem for the past 50 years is a completely different question than whether the threat is genuine or what will happen in the NEXT 50 years.

In my opinion, having fake guns mounted in your Pinz doesn't mean much if it's parked up on blocks in your yard.
edzz
United States of America

Post by edzz »

audiocontr wrote:I'd like a couple of toy guns that i can use for parades. Anything easily sourced for cheap?
Swiss training rifles fit the bill?
currently $146.99 + $15 gift card with code "SG3947"

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/ ... sGuide.com
Attachments
stgw57.jpg
stgw57.jpg (46.48 KiB) Viewed 6584 times
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.
rmel
United States of America

Post by rmel »

For about 2X that amount you can get a real Swiss rifle -- K31 Carbine.
Out of the box they are almost match accuracy. A tad long for the rifle
mounts though, but should fit.
Puller: 71' 710K 2.7L EFI aka Mozo
Follower: Sankey MK 3, 3/4 Tonne
Rescue Pinz: 73' 712MK

Driver: Ron // KO0Q
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

edzz wrote:
audiocontr wrote:I'd like a couple of toy guns that i can use for parades. Anything easily sourced for cheap?
Swiss training rifles fit the bill?
currently $146.99 + $15 gift card with code "SG3947"

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/ ... sGuide.com

Very cool!
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder