Highland Safaris - Scotland

All things not relating to the other forums.
oilcan
United States of America

Highland Safaris - Scotland

Post by oilcan »

was across the pond last week and had a chance to go up to highland safaris for a 2 hour guided highlands trip. i was thinking i'd be in a defender 110, which i was quite excited about, and was even more elated to find out we were going out in their 718k. I don't know a lot about the vehicle other than it came from SGB and seemed to have a lot of roof / window glass built in for improved visibility. nice to ride in the update to my '76 712M. really nice ride, low smell, smooth ride, tranny seemed to hold on for a bit before hitting the next gear.

https://www.highlandsafaris.net/
Attachments
IMG_7671.JPG
IMG_7671.JPG (122.26 KiB) Viewed 2352 times
Buzz
United States of America

Re: Highland Safaris - Scotland

Post by Buzz »

That's cool! Looks like fun. Did you tell them you had one?
"It's as stupid and wonderful as owning a pet elephant."
1974 Pinzgauer 710M
1990 Puch G Wagon 230 GE
oilcan
United States of America

Re: Highland Safaris - Scotland

Post by oilcan »

it was a ton of fun - and at the top of a glen we stopped for some deer / sheep / wild life spotting, coffee (or tea), and a bit of Dewars - the distillery is in the same town.

i ultimately decided not to tell them i had one, bunch of reasons why, you can probably imagine some of them.

the tour was really nice, and they run in the summer / winter. i read some reviews about the pinzgauer running tours in 1/2 a meter of snow which seems like a lot of fun.

and at $40 for 2.5 hours, i thought it was reasonably priced.