Fat fabrications build scheduling. Questions answers.

All things not relating to the other forums.
Andre
United States of America

Fat fabrications build scheduling. Questions answers.

Post by Andre »

Fat Fabrications' vehicle restoration/build scheduling has been a subject of many questions lately. When will my truck be done? When will my truck get started on? How many trucks are ahead of mine? Can I get service performed or do I have to wait in line with vehicle builds? Can I still order accessories and get them shipped in a timely manner? How much trouble will I cause if I add work to my current build list?
First, a reminder, I am a one man show with 2 part time helpers in different stages of training. They are great when it comes to break down, paint prep, and simple service tasks. Anything more technically demanding needs my personal attention or direct oversight to ensure a quality finished product. More help is a continuous effort.
That being said, before I became so well known, it was easy to shuffle jobs around, pull off a big build to knock out a bumper and perform some vehicle service, all while waiting for parts to arrive. Facebook has been a valuable tool in keeping customers abreast of the work being done and showcasing what we are capable of doing. It has also given me more exposure to customers and in turn, created my current back log of work. I am grateful for the many customers who chose Fat Fabrications and I intend to give their projects the personal attention they deserve. My next post will have my current build schedule.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com
Merrick
United States of America

Re: Fat fabrications build scheduling. Questions answers.

Post by Merrick »

I look forward to hearing more about all the modular stuff you are planning. I'm sure once you set up, your production will ramp up quickly.

cheers, Merrick

712FAL
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

Good things come to those who wait!
If you want the best you need to get in line
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
Andre
United States of America

Post by Andre »

Fat Fabrications build Schedule.
-GG C303, frame off restoration/ fabrication mods. Due to deliver late Nov 2016
-AD 404 DOKA, frame off restoration/fabrication mods. Restarting build Dec 2016
-KH 404 RADIO, rust repair, re assembly to functional runner/mild fabrication
-MJ 404 HARD CAB, break down, frame off, restoration, dual fuel mod.
-MM 712FAL, mild body mods, extensive fabrication, re color,

I work on 2-3 projects at a time to maximize my productivity while waiting on parts, vendors, or funding. So by no means does the above list represent order in which work occurs or is delivered.
These vehicles were delivered to FatFab with a token deposit to secure their position on the build schedule. Some have been here longer than others due to project changes, per owners request, or funding delays.
My goal is to give my customers everything they want(or can afford). In restoration work, It's common to experience delays as damage is revealed through the build. Therefore, I have a new method of scheduling work without long term storage on location.
Anyone who wants to be added to the future build list will need to send contact info, photos, and details about the work being requested to fatfabrications@yahoo.com. It's better to dream big here and remove what's excessive or not needed when work begins. Work added to the list, buy the owner, after the work begins, will be charged a higher labor rate to accomodate any planning changes. As projects approach completion, shipping will be arranged for the next vehicle.
For those who are on the list waiting for work to begin, please send a reminder Email with any new ideas you may have for the build asap.
Fat Fabrications
2993 FM 1647
Winnsboro, TX. 75494
fatfabrications@yahoo.com
(903) 365-2332 shop
(951) 765-7224 mobile
Facebook.com/dokapinz6x6
Www.fatfabrications.com