So im in Germany right now - Cologne actually

All things not relating to the other forums.
audiocontr
United States of America

So im in Germany right now - Cologne actually

Post by audiocontr »

and i fully expected to see unimogs everywhere... nope. BMWs, Smart Cars, MBs. Very few Fords and even less Unimogs. No pinzgauers either =(
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
TechMOGogy
Canada

Re: So im in Germany right now - Cologne actually

Post by TechMOGogy »

Ha!
Thats like saying I'm in Austin and I thought I would see a bunch of cowboys with their hats and big belt buckles!
The Mogs are there but you'll be lucky to see one - they use them mainly for city maintenance, so it would be like seeing a street sweeper (kinda rare).
See if you can head here: http://www.rkf-bleses.de/home.html
Would be cool to check out some shiny U5000's and it looks like you could rent one!! :)
Enjoy the trip!
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker
audiocontr
United States of America

Post by audiocontr »

I did see a Ford Ranger Diesel... Its the little things
1973 712m
1968 Haflinger
1965 Pathfinder
1978 GMC Palm Beach (Hey, its got 6 wheels!!)
pinzinator

Post by pinzinator »

I live in the Southwest and sure see a lot of rocks and sand, just like I had imagined. But no Indians.

I saw a red Pinzgauer in Zermatt, Switzerland one time, it was being used by the fire department. It looked like it was very well maintained. Other than that, I never saw another.
GenevaPinz
Switzerland

Post by GenevaPinz »

pinzinator wrote:I live in the Southwest and sure see a lot of rocks and sand, just like I had imagined. But no Indians.

I saw a red Pinzgauer in Zermatt, Switzerland one time, it was being used by the fire department. It looked like it was very well maintained. Other than that, I never saw another.
There is not that many, and they are not driven much. Mostly on weekends by enthusiasts, except the odd service truck for a hotel or repair shop in the mountains, which will only see service in the thick of winter (incidentally I saw one last weekend in Valais, garaged in wait for snow-covered roads). Maybe some rural fire departments still have Pinzes, but I would think less and less.

I would guess there will be a few Unimogs in Germany, same as Switzerald, not many, and mostly used for local services, forestry, etc... with very, very few in private hands.

In Switzerland you will see a LOT more G-wagens, mostly recent with road-only wheels and tires, with a good number of them (especially in town centres and high-end ski resorts) optionned with the AMG 63 engine. Among rarer options, I saw two 6x6 and one 4x4^2 (with portal hubs) over the last two years.
Jan

'72 Pinzgauer 710M
TechMOGogy
Canada

Post by TechMOGogy »

GenevaPinz wrote:
In Switzerland you will see a LOT more G-wagens, mostly recent with road-only wheels and tires, with a good number of them (especially in town centres and high-end ski resorts) optionned with the AMG 63 engine. Among rarer options, I saw two 6x6 and one 4x4^2 (with portal hubs) over the last two years.
The Swiss have nice G's - I own a 1996 ex Swiss worker model Puch (was part of the Swiss Rega Search & Resuce)
IMG_6676.JPG
IMG_6676.JPG (125.7 KiB) Viewed 2336 times
72 Pathfinder | 75 710M 2.7i | 96 350GDT Worker